cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 42

Re: cracking/popping noise when a tv programme starts.. :(

They replaced the box for a different one and it doesn't happen anymore.. So pleased you sorted it out.. 😊

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 42

Well done, I think you may have cracked it. Did what you suggested and seems to have done the trick and give me “click” free play. Thank you very much.

Hope BT/Humax/Youview are listening

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 42

Ive been meaning to post/search about this for ages and stumbled across this tonight.

Same issues here. If i want anything on Netflix or some other catch up services there is a sharp, scratch noise tat the beginning of every episode.

I only have a FireStick plugged in because of this issue through the BT TV box, otherwise I'd just use the BT TV Box.

Going to try the Stereo to Surround sound settings tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 42

Hi, let us know if it solves problem for you, certainly did for me

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 42

So did a few tests this morning.
My setup is BT TV box connected via HDMI lead and sound bar attached to tv via optical cable. But also happens with speakers.
I tried a few things. Multi part programs was one trigger. So get to the end of part one and as part two starts you get the “fitz” noise. Seemed as if switching to surround fixed this issue.
Another occasion it happens was when you exit Netflix and go back to the repeating video on channel 333. Out of three times I exited Netflix it did the noise with both HDMI and SPIF set to surround.
I’ll do some more checking /observations later.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 42

I'm getting the same crack/electrical arc sound with every advert or programme change. Also a little lag in the focus each time and perhaps some almost imperceptible black screen for tiny moments. Has anyone got a fix to suggest?

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 42

See message above from KevinMcGin - I did what he suggests and it worked for me.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 42

I tried the HDMI sound change from stereo to surround sound but no improvement I am afraid.

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 42

Sorry to hear that because it worked for me. Can only think that solving the problem may depend on what issue of software is on your you view box.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 42

I have this issue when it is using an app via the YouView box. If you start the app it is fine, but when you load a show on Netflix and HDMI1, it makes a cracking sound, hangs for a second then plays fine. Watching on HDMI2 with my Amazon Fire stick, this doesn't happen. It is clearly something with the box and not the TV, port or wires. Yes, I have turned it off and on again.

0 Ratings