cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 39

Re: Getting FTTP

Yes!   South Glen is my neighbour.  I am at North Glen (half a mile nearer the exchange) and directly alongside the very same fibre cable run.   I could probably easily sabotage South Glen, but they are my best friends.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 39

"TMZCGZZY is an Intermediate Fibre Joint."

AT LAST!  Someone who knows what all the scribbles mean!

This unit wouldn't be on 'my' pole except to ultimately serve my premises as there is no other potential customer within hundreds of meters.    What tree do you suggest I shake to get a response?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 39

I get 21 results for that postcode, including the nine holiday huts.

I see there is a North Glen & a North Glen Farm. Are these actually different properties? North Glen shows as undetermined, so just wondering if there's confusion around the similar addresses.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 39

North Glen Farm is North Glen - The same.   The Holiday lets are 'huts' pretty much 'off grid'.   I don't think the fibre goes beyond South Glen.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 39

That won't be helping then but the Farm shows no FTTP either. Also there appears to be no UPRN for North Glen Farm but there is one for a North Glen Gallery.

There was an option on the Openreach site to query situations like this where a neighbour has FTTP but you can't get it. But they seem to have a redesign of the web site & removed or hidden that. It might be worth trying to raise it with them via their chat facility. If you go here the chat is bottom right.

Oh & USO.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 39

I think I am "North Glen Farm" and we show "On Demand" as available, but I can't get any joy from anywhere.   Thanks for your attention and comments, though, and we get too good speeds to qualify for USO, but the upload side keeps misbehaving and producing "cannot connect to server" type errors and dropping out in the middle of medium to large uploads and just being erratic.
Very frustrating, because there is some use as  "working from home " and it's proving inadequate for that.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 39

What's UPRN?   For my sins, over fifty years here, I have used North Glen Gallery, North Glen Farm, and North Glen - all one place/one family/one business ...   Also one phone number, one postcode

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 39

FTTP on Demand is a provision wholly paid for by the customer & is generally very expensive. Hence the earlier references to South Glen being very possible well off enough to have funded this.

UPRN is unique property register identity & designed to more accurately identify a property. But as ther are two listings for North Glen & North Glen Gallery then something seems awry. I’d see about getting that corrected & also the Openreach database.

Message 19 of 39

Just thought, the property up the road.

Is it just a residential property or part of the Forestry Commission. In England we have Forestry England, not sure what the Scottish equivalent is.

Anyway, for some random reason Forestry England/Scotland, etc falls under the LFFN Project, which is basically the Critical Infrastructure of the U.K. i.e. Schools, Police Stations, Fire Stations and for some reason Forestry. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 39

Speak to your neighbour, ask them how they got connected and what strings they had to pull. If the build was for one property, there must have been a reason and someone must have paid for it.

This is the enquiry form you need.

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form