cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

email issues

Go to solution

i am haveing the jumping curser and other issues with the bt email i no its not my keyboard as it types normal useing word notebook win 365 . i have also noticed it also deletes emails not selected for deletion and i find them in the trash i do not like the selected emails giveing a preview and can only thank malwearbites for catching ones that are damaging before they open .as a partialy sighted person with disabilitys i find it difficult to see when the curser jumps then have to wait for help to arrive to sort it out can we not go back to the old email where i never had any problems or when will bt fix the problems regards gary

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: email issues

Go to solution

@garyvinnyrigby1961 wrote:

i am haveing the jumping curser and other issues with the bt email i no its not my keyboard as it types normal useing word notebook win 365 . This is a known problem and the BT email team are apparently working on a fix. 

i have also noticed it also deletes emails not selected for deletion and i find them in the trash Go into the setting found by clicking on your username at the top right ahand side then click on "Mail" in the left hand column and untick the box beside "View next mail after Delete/Move.

i do not like the selected emails giveing a preview and can only thank malwearbites for catching ones that are damaging before they open  You can select  no preview by clicking on the "View" button at the right jhand side. 

Just in case you are not aware, you can not get hacked just by opening an email,  it is also very unlikely that you will get a virus or malware just by opening a spam email. Almost all viruses, like Trojans and worms, are activated when you download an attachment or click a link present in an email.

By only opening the spam email the spammers would only be able to find out that you have opened the email in the same way as any genuine emailer could if you have automatic image loading turned on. I am not going to go into details how that happens but if you are interested just do an Internet search.

.as a partialy sighted person with disabilitys i find it difficult to see when the curser jumps then have to wait for help to arrive to sort it out can we not go back to the old email where i never had any problems You can not go back to the "old" email system.

or when will bt fix the problems regards gary

BT are working on a fix for the many issues that the "new" BTMail has but there is no time scale on when that will be rolled out.

See link.

Webmail migration update - BT Community

0 Ratings