cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

Availability of free btinternet.com “basic email”.

Hi

Hope this isn’t another one of the “done to death” subjects.

We have now left BT. (BB, BT Sport and Talk contract ended) During the termination process we had confirmation that our email would be downgraded from Premium blah blah. I’ve just logged into MyBT and checked status of email. This now says (bold red) that our email account will be deleted if we don’t upgrade to Premium by specific date. (A weeks time) 

Have BT changed the rules on maintaining email account, albeit basic, in last few weeks?

Thanks

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: Availability of free btinternet.com “basic email”.

I completely lose track of BT's rules on email. I believe you  have to move to Premium mail initially and then revert to basic mail after 1 month of Premium. It's probably changed again in the time it has taken me to type this response!!!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

@licquorice 

I thought last thing was that you were automatically put on basic mail when you left unless you opted to pay for premium mail. Again like you it is difficult to keep track

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Many thanks both. Reading the message in My BT, it appears that it’s Hobson’s Choice now?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

Thanks. I think I’ve distilled all those exchanges. (Liked the one “reeks of revenge”..😀) I get the point about having to elect to keep the basic email, but I’m still struggling.

When I log into My BT, it says email access will stop on 6 Nov (guess 60 days after BB ended on 7 Sept), and only gives me the option to upgrade to Premium email. (Hence Hobson’s ref in previous post) Also says everything will be deleted on 13 Nov should I decide not to upgrade. If I chose manage email/options, it simply advises that “because my BT account was cancelled, my email will be downgraded from 7 Sept”. (Also shows “due to be downgraded in bold)

Try as I may, I can’t see how/where to select the basic email option.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

Ok. Thanks. There is no earthly way the Bangalore scripts will cope with this query, so will have to accept the inevitable deletion next week.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

Hi @Longshanks When you leave BT  Broadband any associated emails are downgraded to basic mail after 60 days. They should not be automatically deleted.  I'll be happy to get this looked into and will send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team. 

By the way, all calls are now answered in the UK and Ireland.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Hi Neil

I’ve responded to your pm with info provided. I’m happy for downgrade to basic email to take place, but forum advice is that you have to request this before expiry date. My query is that there is nowhere I can find in My BT to achieve this. (Using web)

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

Even more surreal now. Just had an email saying thank you for choosing Premium Email at £7.50pm 😡 

Can someone look into this urgently please.

0 Ratings