cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 30

BT Mail Spam Rules

I apologise for raising this old issue yet again, but I wonder if things have changed recently with new suggestions. I was migrated from BT Yahoo some time ago and had no problems with spam until a couple of weeks ago, so I am sure this has nothing to do with the migration.  I am being inundated with Spam Mail supposedly from McAfee (and many variations of the spelling) with a consistent CC of REVSHOPING. The general content of the content of the email is that my subscription is about to run out. I do not use McAfee so it is clearly Spam. The sender uses gibberish number/ lettering.gmail.com. so I cannot block the domain as it is gmail. I have setup Spam Rules in BT Mail including putting any email with McAfee in the content or any CC including REVSHOING straight into the Spam box. I use Apple Mail as my client and I have setup similar rules in that application as well. Despite all this nothing goes into the Spam Box (unless I manually put it there), everything comes into the Inbox. Clearly the Spam Box is not"learning" as it should to send content I have identified as spam to go into the Spam Box. 

I would welcome any suggestion as to what I could do. Many thanks

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30

Re: BT Mail Spam Rules

We are all suffering the same problem, see other similar topics.

I mark each one as spam and block sender on BT webmail.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 30

Whilst I do appreciate this is a very common issue I remain "puzzled" as to why these filters do not seem to work very effectively

Message 4 of 30

Hi Morrig

Yes me too. I dont have a solution I am afraid - I was searching for one when I saw your post. BT filters dont seem to work and it is very poor that BT dont detect these as spam and block them anyway.

Thanks for posting 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 30

Hi Everyone,

I'm really sorry to see you're getting an increase in Spam emails purporting to be from McAfee. I read an article recently and the increase has been seen on a global scale and I would recommend you continue to mark these as spam and block the senders.

I've raised your concerns with our email team, they would like to raise this with our spam providers and have asked for a few examples to help with their investigations so I'll send you all a private message so you can get in touch.

Thanks

Neil

Message 6 of 30

Thanks Neil - Thanks helpful. I just forwarded about 8 from today and yesterday. I get about 4 of the same Macafee ones daily.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 30

Hi Neil. Much appreciate your help on this. Nice to know it's "global" I guess!! Happy to send examples if you want to DM me. Gareth

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 30

Hi @CharlesFosterKane and @morrig47,

Thank you for forwarding those on. That will help with the investigation.

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 9 of 30

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for sending in your details and for forwarding the Phishing emails. These examples have really helped and our email team have made improvements to help our spam detection rules to try to stop them from getting through. Can you let me know if you've seen a decrease in these emails?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 30

I had 2 that came through this pm that I forwarded on and will see if more arrive tomorrow. Thanks for following this up 🙂
0 Ratings