cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: BT Mail Spam Rules

Hi Neil

Unfortunately 3 spam messages of the same type still came through this morning. I forwarded them on to investigations.

Best reagrds

David

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 30

Hi, @CharlesFosterKane Sorry about that, I'll update the case I have with our email team. I can't see a private message reply from you, did you send over your BT account and email details the other day?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 30

Hi Neil

All account details sent now via private message reply - Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 30

got the same problem ... way too much very obvious spam coming through. I'm getting multiple spam each day and getting really tedious blocking / ignoring each one. Its really obvious spam... don't know why the filters can't identify it. I've disabled image download, never clicked to unsubscribe yet it still arrives. I get 0 spam come through at work (not BT provided) , yet BT personal account is riddled with it.

Sorry, but this is not what I'm expecting from BT at the prices being charged for 'premium' broadband services. Fix would sincerely be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 30

Its of absolutely no consolation to you I'm sure, but I get no spam at all on my BTinternet mail address that I have had for over 25 years.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 30

Sorry, but this made me laugh out loud. No spam for 25 years. Brilliant. Please take over my account!!!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 30

Interestingly, I have been getting quite a bit of spam on a hotmail account though.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 30

Looking back on this thread I find it interesting that some of us get the spam mail whilst others don't. Yet we seem to be applying the same filters I would guess. Searching on this site I came across a post from Keith Beddoe which said:

"If you do not subscribe to any mailing lists, then there is a solution which used to work on BT Yahoo, and should work with BT Mail. It relies on the fact that spam mail is not actually addressed to you, but your e-mail address simply appears on a large BCC list.

The instuctions are on this page.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/email/spam.html

You can also add exceptions for any mailing lists.

You could also direct the filter to point to a different folder."

Unfortunately this link does not seem to work any more. Does Keith or anyone else know if this approach is available somewhere else via an updated link?

Apologies to Keith for putting him on the spot somewhat!

Message 19 of 30

Sorry I don't have an answer but I'm getting about 5 a day despite blocking sender and domain!!  Its extremely frustrating.  They're from revshoping@googlegroups.com

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 30

As I have just posted in another similar thread, I am getting more than that on a daily basis now.  The latest batch are now coming from the following address format:

*@*.onmicrosoft.com

Unfortunately, because there is a random string of characters after the @ symbol, blocking the domain doesn't help as it's different every time.  So I've had to set up yet another new filter to block anything coming from email addresses ending onmicrosoft.com.

I appreciate that this is not an easy problem to solve, but it is becoming increasingly tiresome having to set up my own filters as BT's are just not up to the job at the moment.

Interestingly, if I forget to check my webmail before opening my email client (Outlook), more often than not, these ones that are getting though BT's spam filters ARE being recognised by Outlook and getting diverted to the spam folder in the email client.

So perhaps BT needs to get some advice from Microsoft as whatever rules they are applying within Outlook are currently more effective than BT's own ones. 

0 Ratings