yes i have

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 39

Re: BT Smarthub 2 keeps disconnecting

did you receive Hub stats?
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 39

yes managed to see stats and obviously connection time very low  and the constant restarts have caused the DLM to take action and reduce your connection speed and increase your noise margin in an attempt to stabilise your connection

was quiet line test totally silent?

have you managed to try using test socket with a filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 39

I think the quiet line test is ok.  I am not using a filter as BT say a filter is not necessary with a smart hub 2.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 39

the quiet line test should be absolutely silent when using a corded phone    any noise on line is a problem

you need to use a filter if you connect your hub to the test socket to see if that stabilises your line

which master socket do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 39

BT are talking nonsense, a filter, either incorporated into the master socket or external, is required with all hubs.

You need to use a filter if connecting to the test socket in order to provide a conversion from the rj11 plug that doesn't fit the test socket to a phone plug that does.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 39

sorry i dont understand what you mean?
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 39

could you send me your email address so I can send you pictures as I dont see how to attach pictures on this chat?
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 39

I have image number 7
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 39

if you have master 7 then that is newest master and the faceplate just unclips - no screws.  if you take off master then you can see the test socket and you need to use a filter as described by @licquorice  to enable you to connect the cable from the hub

once connected then repost hub stats and leave hub connected if possible for couple of days and see if now more stable