cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Speed Test (from MyBT)

Go to solution

Does anyone know whether there is a problem with the BT Speed Tester that is accessed from MyBT?

Out of interest I tried to do the test but it came back with an error saying it can not see my Hub so can not do the test. Then it gives an option to check the connection and this test passes!

Also I tried going through the Hub Manager but that gives a different problem. I go through the process of logging in but it never goes to the Tester, it stays on the log-in screen!

I know the Tester used to work both methods mentioned above but I don't know whether it is a coincidence after I had a problem with my broadband couple of weeks ago or it's a problem with the Tester.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Speed Test (from MyBT)

Go to solution

@Dippu I'm not aware of any known problems with the checker but have came across a similar issue before and a factory reset of the Hub resolved it.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO  . I’m a bit reluctant to Factory Reset since it will bring back BTWiFi which is nicely disabled at the moment.

The hub is working fine and the speed is as expected so might leave it alone.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@Dippu No worries, I understand 😁

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO  , quick update for you. I have MyBT App on my iPhone and did the Speed Test using that and it works no problems. Strange that it doesn’t work as described above. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@NeilO We discussed this topic couple of months ago and I was reluctant to conduct Factory Reset as recommended by you.

I had the need to do a Factory Reset recently and I thought I'll check the functionality again to carry out Speed Test from the HH2 Home Page but it still does not work. You get to Log-in but it never actually logs you in, it just goes back to the Log-in screen. I've tried both Edge and Chrome browsers and they give the same result.

Doing it by going through MyBT after logging-in it works fine.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Dippu,

Thank you for updating the thread. I'm not aware of any issue testing the Speeds through the Hub.

I take it when your test your speeds you're using the link? - https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/test-your-bt-broadband-speed

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@PaddyB Yes that's the correct link (can be accessed through the HH2 Home Page as well), and when I log in to it, it just comes back with the Log-in screen again no matter how many times I try!

Very strange because I can access if I log into MyBT. I can also access through the MyBT App on the iPhone.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi PaddyB

I get same result when trying to use the BT Troubleshooter/Speed test from MyBT.

"We can't see your Hub online so we're not able to run a speedtest for you at the moment."

This only started after the move to Full Fibre. Worked fine whilst on FTTC. Is this a glitch only associated with Full Fibre?

Btw I am very happy with speed of Full Fibre - getting consistent 145-150Mbps on ethernet connected pcs once I had sorted issues with my network cards.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@AnotherGOM

If you just got FTTP did you also get digital voice?  If so it is a known problem that  btspeedtester does not work if you have DV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.