Message 51 of 135

Re: BT Sport App - New Google Chromecast 4K

Go to solution

How did the testing go?

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 135

Go to solution
Last night's match on Ultimate was cancelled, and frustratingly I don't have my device with me to test myself now.
If you have your device in front of you now, would you mind restarting the app and then checking the Northampton Saints v Racing 92 match currently on Ultimate? I've temporarily removed the restrictions.
0 Ratings
Message 53 of 135

Go to solution

I did not get a chance to look last night, i ran the checker and it said 4k, today the checker says the device is not going to get 4k again.

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 135

Go to solution
I ran some tests at the beginning of today's event and it wasn't quite good enough - still lots of dropped frames. A definite improvement on previous, so I've increased the cap to 1440p on HDR (where we previously had it capped at 1080p).
Message 55 of 135

Go to solution
Mine is stuttering quite a lot today, unfortunately worst it's been in a month
0 Ratings
Message 56 of 135

Go to solution
Ignore this please!
Just gone back to Ultimate and it's working very well, thank you!
0 Ratings
Message 57 of 135

Go to solution
Press back to quit the app completely and then launch it again - you should see the loading screen. That's when it loads the config - it's probable that you launched the app before I'd rolled the config back.
Message 58 of 135

Go to solution

just out of curiosity, are you setting the chromecast to 50hz and hdr to a maximum of hdr 4:2:0 12 bit and match screen dynamic range format? i had issues with amazon prime stuttering and black screens when using it in 60hz mode or with the 50hz mode with dolby vision turned on? Maybe something you have missed that causes the frames being dropped, when i has the setting as i said above the prime video played perfect at 4k hdr

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 135

Go to solution
Yes, I have all the optimum settings.
Prime Video will be running at 25fps. BT Sport runs at 50fps, so double the load on the Chromecast. Looking at stats from the test on Saturday, I can see my device was only managing to show 40fps - it was noticeable enough to be annoying. Better to have a smooth 2K video than jumpy 4k.
The fact that Google didn't notify me of it being fixed suggests that they know it's not quite there yet.
0 Ratings
Message 60 of 135

Go to solution

Very interested to find this thread. I watched a lot of rugby last season on ultimate via my Chromecast with Google TV, it worked great. Then this season, the stuttering and frame drops started. 

Glad to see Google are on the case and hopefully there's a fix soon. Is there any testing planned for this weekend?

0 Ratings