cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Sport App

Does anyone know how to change the payment card details that are registered with BT for the monthly payment I make for the BT Sport App? I can't find anywhere on my BT account a section that allows me to update the payment card details. BT seem to make it so difficult to update your own personal details on the MyBT account!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Sport App

Hi @Aefrey, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. Have a look at the FAQ How do I change the payment card I'm using for BT Sport Monthly Pass near the bottom of this page. Once logged into your BTID you should be able to choose ‘Update payment card’ details and the next payment will be taken on the new card. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

When I log into MyBT it only takes me to the pages for my BTLandline, Phone and Broadband account which I pay by DD. There is a section in there which relates to payment cards, but as I don't use a payment card for my main BT Landline, Phone and Broadband account, it shows no payment card details in there. Also in the MyBT account it does not display the fact that I also have the BT Sport Monthly Pass App which I pay £25pm for - it's almost as though this feature sits outside of my main BT account? I have always struggled to find the relevant login and ID details for the BT Sport Monthly Pass App - I almost think BT do this deliberately so that subscribers find it hard to close the App account down!

So in short, when I clicked on the FAQ link in your message, it took me to MyBT and then when I logged in I was back into my main BT account where there is nothing about my BT Sport Monthly Pass App account? So I have not found the place where I can update my payment card details yet.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Aefrey, sorry I didn't realise you had a phone/broadband account also.

You should have a separate BTID for the BT Sport Monthly account. If you have a chat with the Billing Live Chat team they'll be able to help you get this sorted and the payment details updated. Post back and let us know how you get on.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

If you log into www.bt.com/mybt with the same BT ID that you log into the BT Sport app with, you should see your monthly pass. If that's the same BT ID that you have on your landline then check near the top right corner of the page where it says "Account No:" and there'll be a small down arrow to let you select the other account.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

So this is where I got to yesterday with the BT Chat service. The 1st Advisor spent an hour on the Chat with me and couldn't resolve the issue, and then suggested that I be transferred to someone with more "technical expertise". I then lost the connection with the next Advisor so I logged into Chat again and then started the whole process with someone else. It took nearly 3 hours on the Chat facility to finally be told by BT that the Sports Monthly Pass app does not have the facility whereby you can edit and update your payment card details because it is a "monthly subscription service". As on the same day I had managed in the space of 5 minutes to edit and update my payment card details on my Spotify account (another monthly subscription service), I did point out to the BT Advisor that no other service that I used prevented me from updating my account with details of a new payment card, and that both Visa and Mastercard regularly cancel and issue new payment cards as part of their fraud prevention processes. But I don't think whoever was on the other end of the Chat line really understood as they kept referring to me needing change my DD and Bank Account details while I kept telling them I was trying to change a payment card details. The BT Advisor finally  advised that the only thing I could was to cancel my existing BT Sports Monthly Pass account, and then open a new account using my new payment card. If anyone else gets into my position and you need to update your payment card details for the BT Sports Monthly Pass, then please don't waste your time trying to work out how to do it on the BT website!! This appears to be the case if like me you also have a separate account number for other services taken from BT - I take the Landline, Phone and Broadband from them on a monthly DD. There was no real apology from BT from wasting 3 hours of my time trying to help them ensure that their billing process for my BT Sports Monthly pass would continue to work okay!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Oh and one other complaint. I tried to get a copy of my 2 very long Chats with BT sent to my email address, and completed the various boxes at the end requesting this. But in both cases the script has not been emailed to me, so something else is not working with their website. Needless to say my rating of my experience on the Chat was quite low!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Just to check you are aware that if you have BT bb you can get app access for £15 per month too although it would have a 24 month contract on it

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Yes I was aware that I could pay less for the BT Monthly Sports pass, but BT try and catch you out when you go for the cheaper options. For example, I could sign up for the BT TV package  (which I have had previously) for £15 per month, but then the small print says that I would not only have to commit to a 24 month contract, but that my existing Landline, Phone and Broadband contract would also then be put the same 24 month contract even though it's only got another 10 months to run before it expires and I have the opportunity to either renew with BT or go elsewhere if there are better deals around from Virgin or Sky etc. Also, the headline price of £15 per month for BT TV doesn't get you the HD service for which you then need to pay another £6 per month for - I got caught out by this previously which annoyed me.  I don't believe in bundling all my telecoms services together with one provider because it then becomes much more difficult to move a service elsewhere if I want to. I am waiting for FTTP broadband to become available where I live and then whoever delivers it first will get my business. Its annoying that all Utility providers now play the game of making their pricing and contracts difficult to work out, so as a consumer I am not going to make life easy for them by giving them all my business!  

0 Ratings