cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Sport

Go to solution

I am both a SKY TV and a BT TV customer, I find it inconsistent that I can access NETFLIX on both platforms with  a single subscription , yet BT SPORT on a BT TV subscription can not be made available on SKY TV , so subscription to a content provider is not transportable between platforms, I wonder what OFCOMS response is to this situation ? . BT wants £29.99 extra to be available on SKY and that's without UHD/4K .

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Sport

Go to solution

Can you access your Sky Sports account through BT without subscribing to NOW TV?

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

You can't subscribe to Sky Sports via Virgin Media and use that same subscription via Sky TV either, so do you want to mention that to OFCOM while you're at it 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

In the past BT did have a BT TV  add on product called BT Sport MultiPlatform.  which let you watch BT Sport on both BT TV and Sky TV.  That  is listed in the tariff guide as a product no longer sold.

Your BT TV contract if it includes the BT Sport channels would normally provide you with access to the BT Sport app as well as the BT Tv app (option of big screen upgrade to BT Tv Extra). The Sky box linear channels showing BT Sport would need an appropriate subscription from Sky or BT to view.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @humeka   The two products have different names and subscriptions. BT Sport and BT Sport on Sky.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Netflix is an app, BT Sport provides linear broadcast channels, they are not the same thing, even if BT Sport also has an app available. 

Why would you have both BT TV and Sky? Is it just to access BT Sport Ultimate in 4K UHD which isn't available on Sky?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

The reason why I have both SKY and BT at the moment, is it is my intention to cancel SKY when my contract ends in October. I thought before making the decision i would evaluate BT TV and I didn't have BT Sport on SKY only MOVIES,SKY SPORTS, Q and MULTIROOM. I had Multiroom because I have a second 3D TV, but now with hardly any 3D content available , multiroom was not required. So my plan was to replace the SKY Q multiroom with BT TV to run the SONY TV. Leaving my main LG 4K TV on SKY for now. So it would have suited me to have BT SPORT on both TVs (for Free) as I have with NETFLIX. Unfortunately the BT SPORT APP only works on SAMSUNG TVs and not LG.

No doubt things will change when BT finally manage to sell off BT SPORT , the failure of the sale to DAZN and now the talk of the sale to DISCOVERY . 

OFCOM made British Telecommunications hive off the local loop into OPENREACH, and appear to want to separate comms provision and the switch to a digital network by 2025 will see the demise of SKY Satellite systems, even heard rumours of SKY engineers being offered to OPENREACH.

So we will have:-

Fibre Infrastructure  OPENREACH,VIRGIN, cable companies

ISPS BT,SKY,TALK TALK etc.

TV Platforms BT,SKY

Content Providers BBC,ITV,SKY,BT Sport,NETFLIX,Amazon,Apple etc. etc.

I just feel OFCOM will or need to ensure portability access the platforms without inducements being given to restrict competition...... Just  in my humble opinion 🙂 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
A BT Sport on BT TV subscription is paying for the multicast delivery of the channel.
A BT Sport on Sky subscription is paying for the satellite distribution of the channel.
To have it on both, you'd be costing twice as much to BT, but with only a single payment from you.
With Netflix, the delivery is always OTT (internet) regardless of which platform.

If you switch your BT Sport subscription to being via Sky INSTEAD of BT TV then you'll be able to watch on Sky on your LG TV and then use the BT Sport app on your Sony TV. This is the closest solution to what you're asking for. When you then cancel Sky, you can switch BT Sport back to BT TV.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @DarrenDev   You should note that the BT Sport App is not included with BT Sport on Sky.

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
BT Sport app is included if you pay BT for it. If you pay Sky for it then it's not.
0 Ratings