cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 33

Re: BT Wifi and Roberts Radio

Many thanks - I got a bit lost. But no resolution alas. But thank you for looking
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 33

Keep trying!

Read the instruction manual carefully. I use a SH2 with both 2.4Ghz And 5 GHz active.

Seem to remember that there’s a switch to throw, in software or even a manual switch.  I got my Roberts Stream when digital  was just starting up and used FM initially. Hope you are not confusing WiFi with Bluetooth. Forget Bluetooth, You need a WiFi connection to get started.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 33

Have you tried manual settings as on page 18 of the manual (below)

I've made some suggestions as to values to use

Important edit: I've just noticed a mistake in my suggested values, the secondary DNS should be 8.8.4.4

Roberts istream3.jpg

Message 14 of 33

Many thanks - will go through the manual again. I am definitely using Wifi.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 15 of 33

It might be best to do a factory reset first and start with a clean slate

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 33

Many thanks Mr Meldrew - I followed this very closely and it didn't connect it kept returning to the settings as though there was a problem. I tried it a couple of times but nothing. I think, when restrictions allow, I will take it to a friends house to see if it finds and connects to their wifi. At least then I will know if it is the radio, or the connection to my router. I am very grateful to you for taking the time to look in to this and respond.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 17 of 33

No problem, I would be interested to hear back from you when (notice I said when, not if) you get it working👍☃️

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 33

Good luck!

Some more clues.

Memory is coming back now. When I received the SH2 replacing the HH6 it would not connect to Wi-fi. Before you got the radio, did you install the HH2 yourself, or was it a technician? He may have altered settings  from standard. You just can’t hide the WiFi on a SH2.

Hence V_Meldrew asked you to do a factory reset,

My lazy solution was to setup using WPS. It’s worked ever since. Hope your friend’s Hub is not a HH2, then it may pin the problem down.

Message 19 of 33

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I took the radio to a neighbours house and stood outside - and it picked up about 12 wifi signals! So the good news is the radio is ok and connects ok. It confirms the problem is finding the wifi. I have reset the settings via the hub manager. Any further thoughts very gratefully received. Thank you everyone.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 20 of 33

Can't understand why it's not seeing the wi-fi signal from your router unless you've got both bands disabled?

Sounds daft I know but I don't see anywhere in the thread where you mention having any other Wi-Fi devices

0 Ratings