Re: Banded VDSL Not Resolving

Go to solution
Thanks - details sent !
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @vivoid,

Thank you for taking my call today. I've run a few checks on your line and your connection looks good. 

I've placed a request to have the banding removed and you should start to see an improvement over the next 72 hours.

I'll follow up with your again on Friday to see how the connection is performing.

Thanks

Paddy 

Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks @PaddyB

I did see something change on Sunday night.

The line resynced and connection speed ticked up to 30000 exactly, but no change in interleaving or any other params.

Line still rock solid with stable SNR, no ES and extremely low FEC errors.

Did the line reset occur do you know, or is this DLM just slowly increasing the banding (from 25000 to 30000) - as 30000 seems like its banded and not the result of a reset.

Cheers 

John

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Stats:

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 11.56.31.png

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

looks like banding starting to release and usually in stages

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Guys.

Pleased to say the line reset occurred and the DLM has progressively :

Dropped downstream interleaving to 8, then 4.

Dropped the SNRM from 10>6>4.5db

Increased down sync speed from 25>30>33>36Mbps

Doubled from the  18Mbs I had in August.

Line is stable with no ES down, and very few up.

For those reading with similar problems, it really is worth monitoring your connection and if you can getting a modem that reveal line stats.

My issue wasn't a fault as such with OpenReach, but with REIN interference from power line ethernet plugs, and other big appliances on the same circuit. Over time this decimated my connection.

I changed the modem to a Zyxel model that could view stats and replaced the cable with a good quality cat5e RJ11 -> RJ45 cable.

I also placed the modem in a faraday cage (a wire mesh box) to further isolate it.

@imjolly @PaddyB @JohnC2  thanks for all of your help - a million times better than the experience I had on the phone.

JohnScreenshot 2020-12-09 at 14.24.19.png

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

took bit effort but great result

thumbs up.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings