cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband dropping out

Why do BT keep saying the issue is fixed when it isn’t? I have been reporting a broadband buffering issue for nearly 12 months, an engineer comes out blames a different department and then they tell me it’s fixed. One engineer has told me the lines need renewing but open reach won’t do it! What do I have to do to get this fixed. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband dropping out

Hi @martynhsutton sorry that you are having a problem with your broadband connection. 

Please would you post the result from the broadband checker (please delete your phone number before posting)
Would you also post your Router Stats.

thanks

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi John, that’s just the problem with the service. Every time it’s the same, let’s check the speeds and the line, issue is it’s a problem that happens from time to time, so unless I do the test when it drops, it shows a positive result. The external lines are old, we have 3 poles that are condemned, as previously said, one engineer told me the lines need renewing but for 5 houses in our hamlet, they won’t do it. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

if you want help from forum members and mods you need to provide some information as requested by @JohnC2 

is it your broadband that is actually dropping connection (hub light changes colour) or is your wireless connection from the hub that is dropping

any noise on your line  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings