cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

By whole home WiFi will not connect discs

I have just purchase a 3 pack of whole home WiFi discs (white ones) to connect to my smart hub 2.  I go through the steps on the app and get to the stage where you connect the network cable from the hub to the disc.  The disc light turns solid blue to signify it has gotten the settings it needs from the hub but after disconnecting the network cable the disc light turns red.  I can't get any further.  Tried on the 3 disks and all the same.  I have switched off the router and discs restarted but no joy.  Any ideas? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: By whole home WiFi will not connect discs

@Lee7 

One disk must always be connected to your Smart Hub 2 via a LAN port, they cannot connect via wireless, only the black BT Complete Wifi discs can do that.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Really?  It doesn't state this in the instructions. It says to set up with cable then place around the home.  This is the reason I bought these.  I didn't want extra cables and kit near the router.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Lee7 wrote:

Really?  It doesn't state this in the instructions. It says to set up with cable then place around the home.  This is the reason I bought these.  I didn't want extra cables and kit near the router.  

You must be looking at the instructions for the wrong discs. Its only the black BT Complete Wif discs that can operate that way, in conjunction with the smart hub 2.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Problem-with-Whole-Home-Wi-Fi-Please-read-this-first/td-p/202...

The first disc must be left connected, its the others that you place around the room. Its also a good idea to disable the wifi on the home hub, as that can interfere with the discs.

If you want to connect wirelessly, you would have to buy the black discs (£100 each), or sign up to the BT Complete Wifi package, and get up to three discs free.

0 Ratings