Message 31 of 406

Re: bt virus protect change to Norton

Go to solution

I have had the option to click on the manage button and download it ok 👍 

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 406

Re: bt virus protect change to Norton

Go to solution

I'm still getting the "System Error" message. BT seems to know there's a problem so I'll wait until they get back to me. However McAfee has told me that my subscription expires in 26 days! Not what BT are saying.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 406

Re: Important updates to your virus and password protection

Go to solution

Deep sigh ... yep I am seeing pretty much the same less than helpful message. Clearly this integration was not tested before going live. Very frustrating and time wasting.

Message 34 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

I'm also having this problem.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 406

Go to solution

Seems sorted now although just updated to latest version Dec security update on Google Pixel 6 Pro.

Will miss ability to close down apps when misbehaving!

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 406

Go to solution

No it's not for me when I try to download it in Norton when you click the link it's still trying to download bt virus protect but when it's downloaded it's still mcafee which you can't get the activation code for and it errors

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 406

Go to solution

Bt hope you get this sorted ASAP I switched to Norton on my account yet when I click on virus protect it goes to a login bt page so I log in it takes me to Norton then you click protect my device or download so then redirects to playstore on android to download bt virus protect then only to find out it's still under mcafee so it asks for a activation code so click link to get on on bt app but then it shows an error saying sorry seems to be a problem try again later

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 406

Go to solution

I think at some time I signed into Norton with BT account, whatever had an email generated that had signed on to Norton. Bye that time I'd uninstalled BT Antivirus Protect, rebooted phone, reinstalled and gone to MyBT / Broadband/security /BT ANTIVIRUS Product to manage Antivirus BEFORE opening new app. (it was advised to do it this way some time last year!)

Time to go through hassle of changing BT Password, getting text message, then changing each device to new password before your account is frozen 🙁. Get enough spam at moment! 

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 406

Go to solution

Hi, a quick update from me. The manage BT Virus Protect link now works and loads the Norton page successfully, although as yet I haven't tried to update to the Norton version. I'll try that later today. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 406

Go to solution

Well i got a step further today Norton now installed and running on my PC. How ever when I try to install on android the link takes me to play store but re installs McAfee !. So there are still problems.

0 Ratings