cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 211 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Not very helpful. I've trawled thro the 21 pages and still can't find whether the problem has been fixed. Why would BT send me a letter saying I should update, and the update button appears on MyBT account, but it still doesn't work?

Terry

Message 212 of 406

Go to solution
Thanks. I did that and it works for me now.
It would be good if the BT website tells us this. I spent an hour last weekend in a queue to speak to an agent. When I got through they did not have any idea how to fix it, they just told me they were doing server maintenance and to keep trying.
It really could be simplified / have guidance on the security page. This would save customers and BT a lot of time.
0 Ratings
Message 213 of 406

Go to solution

I have just received a letter just signed by The BT Team with no point of contact if customers have a problem with the transfer of BT Virus Protect from Mcaffee to Norton.    I have been unable to complete the transfer using the instruction given in the letter.   Just going round and round in circles!   Have lodged a formal complaint.

Message 214 of 406

Go to solution

Tried that....still does not work!

0 Ratings
Message 215 of 406

Go to solution

Navigating through the MyBT pages / links, to the Norton Interface, with a correctly formatted 'email ID', is an issue ?

It would be helpful, if it's not sensitive information; if there were 'screen-shots' of the navigation to the Norton interface. This would faciltiate all of the 'posts' being 'on the same page' ? The text instructions are not illustrative enough to inform the customers with problems, as to the way forward.

Alternatively, is there a direct route to the Norton Interface, avoiding MyBT. At some stage, reporting back to MyBT, with the correct MyBT login details, that the customer is using Norton with BT ?
I wouldn't be surprised, that you have to do the full MyBT navigation, to access Norton/BT ?POT-150.gif

Message 216 of 406

Go to solution

I am having the exact same issue - have tried to change the Account ID to my email address, and it will not let me. I only have one email address, which is why I couldn't change it when I kept getting the prompts to change previously.

0 Ratings
Message 217 of 406

Can't update from McAFEE To Norton on Mac Book Pro

Go to solution

I've tried to update to Norton on my Mac Book Pro Running MacOS10.13.6 High Sierra after uninstalling McAFEE and I get installation failed. This is the latest version of OS I can put on my computer as its an older model.

I spoke to BT Technical people in Newcastle who tried to help but came to the conclusion that the Norton product BT are offering can't be loaded on older machines as it only supports the current version OS12 and the previous two OS versions

They did tell me that there is a Norton Product available which can be loaded on older machines but BT don't provide it so I would have  pay for a Norton subscription myself.

They did raise the issue up on their system to flag it up higher but told me I wouldn't hear anything?

So BT what are you going to do for people like me who have perfectly good  older Mac Book Pro computers? Provide a solution or deduct the cost of the BT virus protect from my bill.

0 Ratings
Message 218 of 406

Cannot install Norton to replace McAfee as requested by BT.I have an iMac running Catalina 10.15.7

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Message 219 of 406

Go to solution

@ToneFonewrote:

I am having the exact same issue - have tried to change the Account ID to my email address, and it will not let me. I only have one email address, which is why I couldn't change it when I kept getting the prompts to change previously.

If your BTID for MyBT is in the format *****@btinternet.com, and your the Account Holder or Account Manager, and it's not supporting the action you're seeking to complete. The MODERATORS of this FORUM should pick up on your problem. FINGERS CROSSED !
POT-100.gif

0 Ratings
Message 220 of 406

Go to solution

No, it's not, which is why I and others are having the problem. My account ID is a name, and my email address is apparently used as my recovery email address, and cannot now be used as my account ID......

0 Ratings