cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 351 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Same for me.  I just downloaded and installed on a PC and laptop.  I found it to be very clunky and slow.  It took me over 2 hours!  Obviously there was a problem that BT either didn't know about or wouldn't admit.  But at least it seems to be working ...

Message 352 of 406

Go to solution

I got so fed up so just ditched it and went back to McAfee, via a fee but at least I know where I am with it and Norton still doesn't work.  Can't even find a way of getting shut of their little logo things all over my stuff.  No mention of Norton on my apps or any way of scrubbing it in BT's **bleep** either from what I can find.  Roll on Feb 23 and I can do a runner from BT is the way I'm feeling at the moment.  Their end said they'd fixed the problem after me passing them control of my computer,  in a pig's arris they did.  I just give in.

0 Ratings
Message 353 of 406

Go to solution

When I select the option to "Manage"  BT Virus Protect, I get the message

"The resource you are looking for has been removed, had it's name changed or is temporarily unavailable"

I have looked at my account and I am using a name as my user id. I have tried to change it to my email address but I can't as that is already in use. 

I have been a BTInternet user since day one almost and this is appalling that this is such an issue to so many people. 

If is is a known issue that it is down to the fact the userid is not an email address then why are BT proactively contacting us to rectify this.
If I was requested in the past to change my id then I may have made he decision not to change as it was something I didn't see a need to change. If it is now a requirement then that should be sorted by BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 354 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @carl7 I'm really sorry to see you're experiencing difficulties upgrading to Norton. I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details to the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 355 of 406

Go to solution

I have been unable to remove McAfee virus protect from my MAC. I have uninstalled McAfee and carried out a hard block removal of residual files as instructed on your help pages, all to no avail!  what do I do now??

0 Ratings
Message 356 of 406

Go to solution

You have to remove the hidden files with the remove McAfee software. I had to re download McAfee to get the remove files!!

0 Ratings
Message 357 of 406

Go to solution

I've already tried "CleanmyMAC X" which was supposed to get rid of it. But it hasn't!

0 Ratings
Message 358 of 406

Go to solution

It’s a drag, but show hidden files on your Mac, and then slowly trawl through all files in library to find the odd Macafee file lurking, put in bin,  then empty bin and restart.  Took me about half an hour. 

Did you uninstall Macafee without reading the instructions? I did, internet was still open, the Norton installer does not get you to close it.  BT need to have clear instructions on the front page!

0 Ratings
Message 359 of 406

Go to solution

It will not get rid of it!!

0 Ratings
Message 360 of 406

Go to solution
I am not going to try and install Norton again if there is going to be all these problems.
0 Ratings