cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Digital voice

Go to solution

Hi!

Anyonelse having issues with digital voice? The phone states no voice service on the hub but it worked first day of activation which was Thursday. I have tried the resetting hub and phone back to factory etc and re-paired the phone but still no joy.

Any ideas? 

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Digital voice

Go to solution

did you try this

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--i-m-unable-to-make-or-receive-calls

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution
Hi.

I did and all came back green.

I know it'll likely need to be a call to them but trying to see if I can fix first as people recent said its been a long time to get them on call.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Kcgillette 

I've had the same message since this morning, but only on one of the handsets. It didn't affect me being able to make incoming/outgoing calls on either handset.

The handset with the 'No Service' message had been displaying 'Unable to update software' occasionally for a while. I've just reset the handset, registered it and it said a critical software updated was needed and it started to update. 

It's fine now, my hub did its fortnightly reboot in the early hours this morning so I suspect that was the cause of my error. I've had similar issues a few times and resetting the hub usually cures it.

Have you tried the resetting the base station option? I've never done that myself but it may be worth it if you've tried everything else. It might be worth exporting your contacts in the hub manager before you do it, just in case they disappear.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution
Hey.

Got the software update on my second handset but now its showing no voice service. Sorry if this is a noob question but on the back of sh2 there is a green slot that says for digital voice only. It's unused at the moment. Should something go in there? From the white installation box in our house it's in a cupboard is hooked up to the standard phone socket.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

No you don't need anything connected to phone socket on the sh2. The hub is a dect base station hence your digital phones connect wireless to the hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Can you still make and receive calls on your handsets?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution
Thanks imjolly. And Andy I cannot 😕
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

If you go the the hub manager at 192.168.1.254 and click on your phone number, does Status show as Service Ready and are both handsets showing as registered?

If it looks okay you may have to call BT as I think you've checked all that you can.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution
Thanks again 🙂

Says service not ready. Also both say registered but handset 2 has the home number on it also.
0 Ratings