cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Do I have a problem here or do I just need to wait?

My internet went live yesterday morning, full fibre 900.  My problem is that I've not managed to go much above 75Mbps.  Do I have a problem here that I need to call BT about or is this DLM doing its thing? 

When I go to the SH2 Manager it says my downstream and upstream is 1000Mbps.

So why is my connection less than 10% of the advertised speeds and how do I go around fixing this?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Do I have a problem here or do I just need to wait?

there are numerous similar post so try using forum search facility which may help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Well that was about as useful as a chocolate kettle. You must work at BT...
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

This is a customer help customer forum and only BT employees are the forum mods. I have not nor have I ever worked for BT

I am just suggesting you try search as there are numerous post similar to yours rather than repeating posts again

have you turned of smart setup which causes problems.   Advanced setting smart setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@scottvintwilliamson you'll always get some that can't be bothered to try and give answers, not sure why they comment in first place.

There's every chance that the devices you have connected will be on the 2.4ghz channel even if you are close to the router. You will only get a decent speed on 5ghz but because BT's fantastic Hub 2 isn't capable of splitting bands to create 2 Wireless SSID's you are left with something that's not upto the job.

I'm currently looking at WiFi 6 but it is expensive. The alternative is to get another router to slave off the hub 2 so you can create another network if you know how to do this. I've tried but with a really old router and I couldn't get Sky Q to connect so looking to pick up a cheap router to try

Hope this gives you a bit of an answer, you can check which GHz network your devices are connected to on the router but unfortunately you cannot force them to use 5 if they are capable

You can test the maximum speed by connecting a laptop/pc via a ethernet cable to the router which will give you some idea if the line is working ok

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@kerilstacey  If people used the search option those of us to do spend time here trying to help people won't have to be giving the same answer to the same question day after day ad nauseum.

If the OP used the search facility he would find his answer quickly and not have to wait.

As to your answer, why slave off the hub and be double NAT'd? Just change the hub for a third party router.

Message 7 of 7

@pippincp it doesn't matter whether people search or not, some posts go on forever so reading them can take forever

I'm guessing you didn't read the part where I said I was looking at WiFi 6 so therefore would be replacing the smart hub 2, but to put me on I can pick up a router for a tenner to do a makeshift fix

Having a double nat causes me no problem at all so I wouldn't worry about it

0 Ratings