cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Emails have disappeared

I'm posting on behalf of my parents as the majority of my mother's emails have disappeared.

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, but the email had starting playing up before the changed her laptop firstly to another Windows laptop and then to a Chromebook.  The Chromebook has now been returned, but her email account which she has had for years is now virtually empty when we log in (even into BT mail via IE).  She has some Sent emails, but nothing in her In Box and anything that is arriving is disappearing and I literally can't find it.  

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Emails have disappeared

Hi @disappearedemails  welcome to the forum and sorry to hear your parent's emails have disappeared. 

As you mention that even new emails that arrive are still disappearing it sounds like the configuration of the app/client you are using. The first thing to check is the set up to ensure it's set up as IMAP and not POP3. Have a look at My Emails Are Missing and see if that helps. Also check that the account is not set up to autodelete emails after a certain amount of days.

cheers

John

0 Ratings