cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 46

Re: Error code VC019

Hi Everyone, 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with the BT Sport app. We're aware of an issue where customers are experiencing a VC019 error when trying to play BT Sport on a Samsung TV. Investigations show it is related to TalkTalk Broadband which is currently under investigation.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 46

@NeilO  I'd be interested why its TalkTalk issue because my older Samsung works fine with BT App using TalkTalk ISP.  Its just the new Samsung Q80 TV that doesn't.    

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 46

Hi @NeilO 

You need to expand the error as I do not have a talk talk router. I run a mobile EE sim card in a mobile sim based router so the error is wider than you mention. Also it was noted above that this has been an outstanding errror for over 1 year and still remains unfixed. The fact that my samsung tv works on my phone ( 3 ) hotspotted makes the failure to work over my mobile EE odd in that they are both delivered my mobile 4g technology so odd that one works and one doesnt.

The odd thing is for 1+ years my setup using samsung tv and my ee mobile sim has worked fine - it has only gone off over the last month i would estimate - maybe the bt sport app devs should review recent changes made to the app.

Also the fact that using a roku stick over my network which works with the samsung tv does seem to point at bt app as being at fault allbeit that live tv streaming works. 

Can you explain how live tv works and catchup doesn't as this is the key point - how do you deliver catchup content? Seem to me that that infrastructure is blocking or not connecting properly within the bt app - is it not possible to trace and track a login to actually see where it fails. I'm happy to act as a guinea pig to try to help.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 46

Hi, @h1208nez I'm afraid that's all the information I have at the moment. 

@mrbatch I'm sorry, I missed the post where you mentioned EE 4 G broadband. The VC019 is a generic error that means the app can't play the selected content. As a moderator on the community, I don't have the technical expertise to answer all your questions but I'll highlight the thread to @DarrenDev who is the lead developer of the BT sport app.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 46

@NeilO  - thanks for info

@DarrenDev  - over to you. Can i help in any testing of this with you ??

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 46

Some content in the app is delivered over ipv6 if the device and connection support it.
Older Samsung TVs don't support ipv6, so aren't affected.
Newer Samsung TVs connected to talktalk broadband fail. This is because the talktalk router advertises ipv6 as available but then drops any attempt to use it. There's no option in either the router or the TV to forcefully disable ipv6, so there's nothing that can be done to fix it.

For the EE mobile router, I suspect the issue is more likely to be with configuration at our end and can probably be fixed. Email me at tv.apps@bt.com with details and I'll check on Monday when I'm back at work.
0 Ratings