cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FTTP installation

Go to solution

Hi

I had Fibre 250 installed today, everything seems to be working, although not getting the speed I expected. 

Guaranteed to get 150mbs download and 49mbs upload but getting 95 at best download and 55 upload.

Should the speed settle immediately or is it like FTTC where it could fluctuate for 10 days before settling down.

Tried using BTs speed checker but get a message saying cannot see your hub online so unable to run a speedtest, at BT Wholesale Speedtest it says:

"No Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) services have been found at this address"

Would it just be BT not updating their systems or should it show immediately, My BT flags up correctly what product I am on, it didn't earlier today

Don't want to phone BT unnecessarily. 

TIA

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP installation

Go to solution

I think the issue must be the network card in my laptop being limited to 100mbs when hardwired, have run wirelessly and get speeds in excess of 200, nowhere near 300 but in excess of the guaranteed speed of 150 promised by BT.

All seems to be going as I expected now

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Attempt to change the Ethernet cable and check the 'link speed' in the adapter properties of the laptop - if it is a recent laptop (made after 2006) it should be a link speed of 1gbps
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

That's spot on, the speed is set to 100.0 Mbs!

It's a new laptop but one built by my IT Department in work, not sure why this would be limited though, other than the fact they are based in rural Suffolk! 🙈

0 Ratings