cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Fibre halo2 speeds just dropped by 2/3

Go to solution

Every time I get my speeds sorted they drop a couple of months later. Engineer came Feb 21. For my speeds back to expected 48 download and 15 upload. 
then 17th April the smart hub manager says firmware update. It now shows upload 16 and download 1.2 

Checked using 192.192 etc on browser 

and sure enough that’s the maximum I am now getting. It’s like BT have capped me again 

my package is fibre 2 

also the by speed checker now shows receiving 15 download is meeting my expected package which implies My package details have been ammended incorrectly. 
I am fed up having to report and get engineer every couple of months. 

D7B3E088-3606-42A2-864B-58A02A64F5D1.jpeg

3757C964-EC38-4A94-A370-B4AE0699CDA6.jpeg

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Fibre halo2 speeds just dropped by 2/3

Go to solution

Could you post the hub stats from Advanced settings/technical log/information.

Is there any noise on your line? 17070 option 2, best with corded phone, may get a dull background hum from cordless.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

I have attached a screen shot of what I think you mean 

we don’t even have a phone now. 
the engineer suggested last time that if we don’t use the phone then take it out as can cause interruption ? 

6E75F34C-B72B-40F2-BB41-77C10E738FF2.jpeg
36C5A09B-22EC-4C4B-86F1-3839090904BA.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

can you try connecting your hub to the test socket with a filter and repost hub stats

test socket is behind the master socket faceplate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
Hi. Thank you.
I haven’t got one as not using phone line anymore but will borrow one today and come back to you when I can test this. Thanks for help
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

C3BC4A43-86FA-4BB7-A8AC-19F6571C1799.jpeg

DC489FDD-8D6D-487E-B7FE-359FCD8D32AA.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

I have an idea you may find no dial tone when you borrow a phone to test. The internet will work if only 1 wire is connected but will be slow.

Let us know when you try the quiet line test.

Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Hello. 
thank you for all your help. Yes I have managed to find an old wireless phone and charge and connect it. There is no dial tone. 
Also on the smart hub manager it has the phone symptom greyed out and says not configured? 
I pay for a line so don’t know why it would just disappear over the last week ?

BT engineer is coming to do a remote visit tomorrow so should they just pick this up? 
Also do you mind if I ask you something just for my understanding. On the 192.192 browser page,  when I look at the Smart Hub manager and it says downstream sync speed.... when this says 16mbps versus 49mbps from last month... is this the hub telling me the maximum by hub can receive or is it telling me the maximum BT will let it receive. Some people in the last have told me that BT can control this to cap what you get? 
I just want to understand it as sometimes the engineers give me different answers and this is the 4th time in 18 months I have had to get an engineer 

thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Unless you had digital voice then the phone number is always greyed out

The speed you see in hub manager is your connection speed and should  be best your line can handle unless like you have problems with your line   you would like your connection speed to be very  close to your attainable speed  only restrictions BT impose is the maximum speed for your chosen broadband package - 55mb for fibre 1 and 80mb for fibre 2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
Thank you so much. You have been really helpful
0 Ratings