cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Fibre on Demand

Hi, I live in a semi Rural area in Scotland , im on the outskirts with 20 mbps or so speed, BT checker shows FOD available, I checked yesterday on the Scotland super fast web page and it states that as of yesterday a new £5000 grant may be available, if using this for FOD are there any relaxing of the rules that allow me to pay a normal monthly amount or have I no option other than to stick to what I have.

It states commercial so probably doesnt apply to domestic premises but worth a punt, grant only started as of 1st September 2020

Here is the full message

There aren’t plans to build a faster connection in your area at the moment. But the good news is there are other options to speed things up at your address. you may be able to get a superfast broadband voucher.

Being able to get faster internet speeds can make it easier to videocall loved ones, watch shows online, work from home, and more – without any hiccups.

That’s why you may be able to get up to £5000 from the Scottish Government in the form of a superfast broadband voucher. You can use it for the cost of fitting a new, faster commercial broadband supply. Options could include things like fibre, wireless and more.

0 Ratings