cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Geemarc Amplidect/DV/Hub 2

Go to solution

Hello, 

I have a Geemarc Amplidect cordless phone which helps somewhat with hearing impairment. The name Amplidect, I presume means it is a DECT cordless phone so if I was to continue using my phone would I still need a DV Adapter to pair it to the Hub 2??. . and if its not a DECT phone would I still need a DV Adapter to pair it? 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Geemarc Amplidect/DV/Hub 2

Go to solution

You don't need anything, simply plug the base unit in the hub phone socket rather than the copper phone socket.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thx Liquorice. Do you mean, whether it's DECT or not, just plug it in to the phone socket on back of Hub 2?....and also at moment I have the Geemarc base station plugged into an extension cable which is plugged into a microfilter before going into my wall master socket. So, would I be able to plug my extension cable into Hub 2 rather than my Geemarc  base station? Also would I still need to use a microfilter? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

The Geemarc base station needs to plug into the hub either directly or via an extension cable. Just consider the hub as the new phone socket and no, a microfilter isn't required.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thx for clarifying, but what is the DV Adapter for then? 🤔
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

It's if you want to connect your existing phone base/corded phone to the smart hub but don't want it right next to the smart hub 2.

Say your smart hub 2 is in the hallway but you want a corded phone or the main base station of your cordless phones in the living room. Then you would use the Adapter to connect it to the Smart Hub 2 wirelessly (as the adapter connect to the Smart Hub 2 through it's DECT capability)

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

It effectively provides a remote phone socket for a corded analogue phone.

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks to both of you for your replies. Much clearer now! 😀
0 Ratings