cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Is anyone else experiencing truly shocking customer care from BT?

Go to solution

Oh yes.  Just "upgraded" to "Full Fibre Halo 3+", bloke comes and does the bizz.  Tells me before he goes that it will take about 1hour 30 or so to synch in and get up and running.  Gets no joy there, still out 3 days later.  Going loopy trying to get things sorted, landline not working but getting internet via the "Hybrid" setup.  Trying to get answers, they know the landline is down and will not be seen to until 15th, this from 9th.  Not happy, started looking round the site for help.  Questions like what equipment I've got.  Looks on the backs of the boxes and there's no labelling at all even though some of the setups are similar.  Figure out I've got Halo2, starts looking a the leads and bit of paperwork I've  got and see that the "red lead" should go in the red port, I know that the red lead is still in the box.  So I got it and ferreted around and got the red lead into the red port etc and lo and behold the Halo 2 Box synched up and looks like I've at least got broadband but still no landline (we're in our late 70s so to me that's a no no anyway). Remember the OutReach guy had set up the system in the first place and it was only going to be 90mins or so.   BT insists it can't do anything before the 15th and blaming Outreach but my point is that it's BT who taking my money and they should sort it.  Why wasn't the "red lead" put in place if it's so essential?  I couldn't get my Sky Q either until I'd done the red lead bit so that sorted that problem out too.  I went Sky for TV in the first place because BT kept breaking up on the screen, my guess was something to do with the outside lines but they wouldn't have it.  Starting to look like I was correct all the time.  Used to be in Signals trade doing analysis many years ago so have a little bit of clue the way things go so why haven't BT got any idea?????   Am I experiencing shocking customer care from BT????   A resounding  YES.  Am I a bit hacked off????   YES and I still haven't got a landline.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

The reason there's no more people complaining on here is because it is not exactly an intuitive site and easy to find get around.  I've been dipping in and out for a few years now and still find it unchanged.  BT customer service and OutReach getting round to alleviating problems are both lamentably poor.  Already sacked BT TV and gone to Sky because the picture kept breaking up, they won't admit it's on the line but even now my landline phone has dropped out and still waiting to get it sorted.  Me and the missus in our late 70s and shouldn't be left without a landline for obvious reasons but does OutReach give a monkeys???   No.  Does BT give a toss??? No.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @S4Brains 

Thanks for posting. Sorry to read about your experience since upgrading to Halo 3.

I can have this investigated for you to try to get some answers. I've sent you a private message asking for some more details to help. You can access your messages via this link, Private messages

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution
Finally got round to having a look and have answered. Such bad experience on the net since the 9th I have been avoiding it. Hopefully someone coming and sorting it tomorrow but not holding my breath. To actually find a cable which should've been fitted by the engineer and wasn't is just one strange occurrence. A catalogue of ill fortune that's for sure. Hope you can sort something out, still not got a landline, digusting. My kids have been trying to get in touch and worrying over no contact, not right.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution
Sorted at last and back on full comms. Copper lines not installed properly, outside not in I think. Can now talk to the kids and check up on bro's health. Tks
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

I am experiencing this right now.

Last month they found damp on the cable outside, it was replaced and the problem of the noise on the line and internet dropping was fixed in a week.

However for the last 3 weeks i have again been having these problems with noise and internet and nothing has been done about it. I have phoned multiple times and all they do is book an engineer.

I was told a fault was found at the exchange and it had been fixed, but the noise is still there. Then i was told an engineer would come into the house, but none came.

BT operators have been blatantly lying to me about things i know to be untrue. Multiple saying they will phone me back, but never do.

I work from home and have been unable to do so for 3 weeks, can't facetime family properly either as internet keeps cutting out

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

I've found you have to keep at 'em, and at 'em, and at 'em.  Some of them don't even know what you're talking about.  This I've found through conversation with them.   Used to be a Comms Analyst, long time ago though, but I understand signal paths, modulation, bandwidths, inputs and outputs  etc etc and they try and flannel you with things they don't understand themselves, this includes some OpenReach engineers.  My perseverance eventually paid off but at what cost to my mental stability I don't know.  Keep at it until you get someone who understands is the only way I can describe it.  Good luck.  P.S.  At one time I did a Fibre Optics installation course as well but like I said, a long time ago.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

I've been on at them on an almost daily basis, i bet they love me lol.

I've had some operators telling me they can't communicate directly with open reach or their line managers, both of which i know to be untrue. When i insist on staying on the line, they put me on hold for 20 min and then come back and say 5 more mins , another 15 mins later they miraculously have contacted the necessary people.

I understand if they aren't sure of how to help, its the lying that's really bothers me. The last person i spoke to from BT said they would set a reminder to phone me the next day, he of course never phoned and i just happened to randomly get through to him the next day. I knew his voice and told him i never got his call, he said it wasn't him and i must be mistaken. To his credit though, he phoned me back and apologised.

I have been contacted by a mod today on here and i am hopeful he can help. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

It seems to me like the Mods are the only ones who can get any joy from this setup.  Like I said, I know how signals work but obviously that's not enough.  Give the Mods their due they do seem to be able to get things done.  When you look at it overall it's a **bleep** system, simples.  Good luck anyway, I really, really understand your frustration.

0 Ratings