cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

LOS light is on red

Hi,

My Broadband and landline has not worked since 05:00 this morning (2nd September 2020) and  LOS light is on solid red despite taking the power on and off several times. 

I can’t get through to the call centre all day!!

Please Help!!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: LOS light is on red

have you checked 'service in my area' to see if it is a fault with your line or general fault affecting others  go to 'help' at top of page

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

This is what it said under broadband open fault:

“Problem fixed

Reported Tue 18/08/2020 at 05:23 PM
Issue Ended Wed 02/09/2020 at 05:10 AM
We've fixed the recent problem in your area. To get your broadband running smoothly again, restart your BT Home Hub. Just turn it off at the mains, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on again. Give it a couple of minutes to finish starting up.“

I’ve had turned it off and on several times and still not working.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9

Big problems in Coventry (assuming that's where you are)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

No, I live near Cambridge

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Did you also turn the power off on the modem, waited about 20 seconds, and then turned it on again?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Yes I did. Waited 30 seconds… turned off for 1 minute and then on… LOS light is still on red…

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@Smilie wrote:

Yes I did. Waited 30 seconds… turned off for 1 minute and then on… LOS light is still on red…

It might be best to call the FTTP helpdesk on 0800 587 4787.

Its possible that there is a disconnection in the optical network. Its odd that it started at the time when service was supposed to be restored. Perhaps a fibre was taken in error, to fix a fault?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@Smiliewrote:

No, I live near Cambridge

Care to narrow it down a bit?

Untitled-1.jpg

0 Ratings