cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

MOST URGENT. What does my BT hub look like?

Go to solution

I can't use my phones, which is why I've marked this Most Urgent.

(1) This is a further question to my previous topic https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/URGENT-I-m-totally-confused-and-concerned-o... 

I had another email from BT just now telling me that my broadband and Digital Voice services are ready. It began

"Set up your phone service
Once you've set up your handsets, you can unplug any existing phones from the wall sockets, as they won't work anymore. First, set up your Smart Hub 2
We'll send you a Smart Hub 2 to support your Digital Voice service. Download the user guide below or follow the instructions in Connecting and setting up your BT Hub to get the fastest possible speed with your BT Smart Hub 2."

I wasn't sent a Smart Hub 2. Should I have been sent one?

(2) Then it says "Set up your Digital Voice handsets. Power up - unpack your Digital Voice handset and connect the power cable to the back of the charger base. Plug the other end in at the wall and switch on"

I wasn't sent a Digital Voice handset. Should I have been sent some?

(3) Then it says "Set up your phone service
Once you've set up your handsets, you can unplug any existing phones from the wall sockets, as they won't work anymore. . . . . " This took me to an instruction to plug my phone cable into the back of my Hub.

What does my Hub look like?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: MOST URGENT. What does my BT hub look like?

Go to solution

the SH2 is like this  which hub do you have?

https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-smart-hub-2-097683-DYNK.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

@Taffy078 wrote:

I wasn't sent a Smart Hub 2. Should I have been sent one?

Yes

I wasn't sent a Digital Voice handset. Should I have been sent some?

Yes

(3) Then it says "Set up your phone service
Once you've set up your handsets, you can unplug any existing phones from the wall sockets, as they won't work anymore. . . . . " This took me to an instruction to plug my phone cable into the back of my Hub.

What does my Hub look like?

smarthub2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

if you don't already have a SH2 then phone CS 150 or 0800800150 form mobile and request SH2 and also a free advanced  handset or 2 essential handsets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hi. I've now found it. It's a Smart Hub 2 but what concerns me is that also connected is a box for the 'call help' button I wear.

At the back of my mind is that the initial BT email about Digital Voice said that anyone who has one of these or a burglar alarm must ring their providers. 

I'll have to pull out the original papers and ring them. Fingers crossed. I'll update you shortly (I hope).

PS When I tried to post some comments earlier I couldn't. The screen was greyed out and locked, yet you were able to contact me. How strange!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@Taffy078 wrote:

Hi. I've now found it. It's a Smart Hub 2 but what concerns me is that also connected is a box for the 'call help' button I wear.

At the back of my mind is that the initial BT email about Digital Voice said that anyone who has one of these or a burglar alarm must ring their providers. 

As discussed in this  thread

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Since my previous post, I've spent most of the time trying to sort out my Local Authority re the alarm pendant. As I have an hour or so to spare now, I thought I'd sort out the hub but I can't. All the female sockets on the hub are rectangular with a semi-circle above them.  The male plug that I need to inert into the hub is a completely different; it's a horizontal rectangle and wont fit into the female sockets on the hub. 

What do I do now? I can't use my alarm pendant (the Local authority's fault) and I can't use my phone. It's completely dead. Should BT have sent me me something , as I asked in my other thread on the subject (which I can't access!)?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

What are you trying to connect to the hub? If its a phone, there is a green socket at the rear of the hub that a phone plugs into, it might have a sticker over it that you need to remove first.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hello @imjolly

I phoned 0800800150 as you suggested, and BT sent me this text at 18:04

“Hello, we are just confirming your account details. No need to reply just yet, we will come back to you in the next minute or two.”

At 18:06 I had this text: “Hi. It’s the BT Diagnostics bot here. We have matched this mobile number to an account at post-code ending [mine]. We will text you in the next 10 minutes with the results. If you are reporting a fault for a different account, please reply ADVISOR.”

At 18:12 I had this text: “ HI, it’s the BT Diagnostics bot here. We can see that the line from our network to your home is working, so let’s take a look at the connection in your home (you hub and Wi-Fi).The good news is that these issues can often be fixed quickly and easy with a few simple checks. We are sending you our handy e-booklet to guide you through what to look for. Let’s see if that fixes the problem. If that doesn’t work or if you need some help, reply with “ADVISOR” and we will call you back from 0800 0798102 We aim to call you back within 20 minutes, but please be aware it can take a little longer during busy periods.”

Also at 18:12 I received this text: https://care/bt.com/improve_your_wifi.

This is a complete farce. I’ll post again tomorrow when I’ve calmed down.

If this isn’t sorted out then, goodness knows what I’ll do next. This is totally unacceptable.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Try using the text method described here.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-quot-free-quot-phone/m-p/2161...

0 Ratings