cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Master socket

Suffered a lightning strike in my area which fried the router

Bt replaced this ,but plugging it into the master socket (openreach 5c mk4)got no broadband 

apparently my socket fried at the sane time

went to change socket straight swap for the front face plate first. No joy still no broadband

took the rear plate off and found two wires on the rear going to A&B one was solid blue and one appeared to be solid white changed the rear plate

put these into the clear block( three times) making sure they were fully pushed in

Still no broad band

mass of wires to the front of the plate which i assume are the old telephone cables and extensions(no longer required)

cannot for the life of work out why my new router and broadband still will not work

PS BT informs me there is nothing wrong with my libe

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Master socket

provided you don't have digital voice can you get a dial tone of your corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Have no phone

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

As far as i am aware the phone  cables are all now disconnected within the socket as i have not had a corded phone in years

its the two wires in the rear of the plate one is solid blue one appears solid white these are the two cables as fitted before it all went wrong

all i did was copy there pisition onto the new back plate snap down connector

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

then you need to phone CS 03301234150 and report a fault

the most basic test is to see if dial tone but as you cannot do that you need to report broadband fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @bobbase and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry for the late reply. Did you manage to get this sorted? Can you post back and let us know how you're getting on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings