cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Moved from talktalk to bt fibre2 but capped at fibre1

Go to solution

Hi

I recently moved to bt fibre 2 but my speeds are capped at fibre 1, I have tried numerous attempts to get this resolved through customer service to no avail.  So as a last ditch attempt I'm hoping one of the mods can sort this for me.

Thanks

Screenshot_20210714-073352_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Moved from talktalk to bt fibre2 but capped at fibre1

Go to solution

Enter your telephone number HERE and post the result. Remove your number before posting but leave the exchange and cab number.

Message 3 of 17

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Exchange and cab number?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Hi exchange is kilwinning and served by cabinet 5

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

your attainable speed is only 58mb whereas from dslchecker I would expect that to be a lot higher as attainable is not affected by the package your choose.  Have you tried using test socket with a filter so see if that changes connection or attainable speed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Hi when I was talking to bt tech department they asked me to use test socket with micro filter and I have just left it like that but it hasn't made any difference. When I was with talktalk I got 60 down and 20 up, with 4 kids using the internet and uploading to youtube I need to squeeze every little bit I can get.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

can you check MYBT and see what package it shows you to be on

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

20210714_135707.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

It looks like there are 2 separate things going on here. You are on Fibre1 as your upload speed has been capped at 10Mbs but there also seems to be a fault as your download speed is below the Fibre1 cap (so Fibre2 wouldn't increase it it) although the checker shows you you should be getting closer to 80Mbs. The other oddity is that your max upload speed is very high (above even Fibre 2 cap) but your your max download speed is very low in comparison.

0 Ratings