cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Moving Elderly Parents Service from Sky back to BT

Go to solution

Hi 

Hope I can get some help as I seem to be going around the houses. My parents were with BT for years then moved there landline/wifi to Sky. 

Recently put an order through to move them back to BT, wish I never had. Of course I wanted them to keep there main landline number as the hospital/GP etc know this number as well as other services. I thought when I placed the order I requested to move the number as well and Sky have it listed as BT requested the number on there system. 

The wifi and landline was moved from Sky to BT yesterday 6/4 and I was told yesterday when I noticed their original number was dead that they have been issued with a new number. I called and spoke to a very helpful person in the connections team who said that all we have to do is wait for the order to complete and give us a call and we can get the number moved over. It competed last night so today I spoke to the connections team again.  

• Called the connections team, the person tried to move the number on the system, told I need to give Sky a call and ask them if they have cancelled the number, called Sky they said it hasn't been done. 
  • Called the connections team back via faults, was told that BT need to speak with my mum and Dad to authorise the change, called mum and dad and the BT advisor called them. Then get a call and said its still not going through and I need to wait 14 days before it can be changed. I should check with Sky that they have released the number. 
  • Called Sky they said that BT have requested the number already so there should be no problem. 
  • Called BT, they spoke to connections team and said it cannot be reactivated until the 20th April 

I am a bit lost, can anyone help me resolve this, I wish I had never changed from Sky at moment! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving Elderly Parents Service from Sky back to BT

Go to solution

there are numerous posts where porting from SKY has been a problem whether SKY or BT are at fault

I have asked a forum mod to see if they can help and they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@uk_22 

Its normal to be issued with a new number to start with, as that is the only way service can be provided.

Provided the number has returned back to BT Retail, then all is needed is a renumber, which is straightforward any should take place once it has been requested.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the prompt reply, much appreciated.

I have been told that this cannot be done until the 20th April as it takes 14 days. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @uk_22, welcome to the forum and sorry that your parents lost their number in the change of service.

When a number port fails we would, in most cases, be able to get the number back for the customer. You've already been in contact with the connections team and the number must not be currently available to be allocated to the line. The number can take 14 days to become free again and then we can complete the renumber.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help with this.

cheers

John

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @uk_22  thanks for taking my call earlier and glad we were able to get your parents back working on their old number.

cheers

John

0 Ratings