cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: New FTTP 900mb installation problem

Not sure what res your screen is but that photo shows as a perfectly good size to me on this forum. Getting nowhere on here so will just ring BT. Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

I agree. The staple will have gone through the insulation, but it won’t have any bearing on the fibre optic. It’s so thin, and as it’s light (and digital) it either works, or it doesn’t. The 100Mbps speed sounds like throttling from a non gigabit compatible piece of hardware. 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 32

@mossmotorsport  did you read all the thread? I list exactly what kit Im using. Even a PS4 can do more than 100Mbps...

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 32

I certainly did. From a technical perspective there it’s likely to be a hardware limitation somewhere. I’d bet my mortgage that it’s unrelated to that staple!

Post back if BT resolve 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

@mossmotorsport  thats fair enough, I did ask at the very beginning if the staple had anything to do with it and was it basically an "on or off" situation. Thats been answered which is great, but no part of the network is being throttled, and no hardware is the limitation. It's obviously a problem at BT's end. All the kit I used has previously been used with a 300mb Virgin connection perfectly fine!!

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 32

Try https://www.nperf.com/en/ .

I have a 32" screen and that photo is thumbnail size. 180x180px.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

Silly question time. Are you sure you have wired the RJ45 plugs correctly with all 8 wires?

ethcable568b.gif

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

Very pixelated as it was so small but enlarged it a little in Photoshop.

IMG-6888.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

I hate the way forum members miss judge ur technical knowledge here
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 32

100mb siwtches have not been in since the last decade why would he have one in 2020
0 Ratings