cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Phone Line

Go to solution

Hi, this has been a pain you no where all weekend trying to get an answer.....

Thursday afternoon engineers were at the pole directly behind my house. After a few hours of them leaving I lost all Internet and broadband connection (Sky Broadband)

I only just notice yesterday they have removed the line connecting my house to the subject pole. So I phoned to report it to the faults line and the claim this is not damage or affecting anything and can't give Me and answer to why ? We moved in to the house in August and I would assume sky would let Bt know I'm using the landlines. Just wanting some other people's views and hopefully and answer.

Thanks jack

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Phone Line

Go to solution

This is a forum for BT Consumer customers. It's Openreach that maintain and install the fibre and copper lines. 

I'm afraid you will need to report the issue to Sky, your communication provider, who will raise it with Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

@Jackvolvo 

Its Openreach that do the repairs for your provider.

This is a BT Retail Customer Forum, so you need to post on the Sky user forum. Or take it up with Sky.

Sky Help Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

BT Retail has no connection to Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you jac_95

I contacted Sky firstly and I'm assuming I just need to wait as they have put the issue out on a report and are waiting for an engineers visit. I was just wondering if anyone had an answer as to why they have done this.

There was no pre warning and no damage to the line everything was perfectly fine. Its just a strange move lol.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

It sounds like Sky have ceased your service. If you are still paying them, then you need to complain.

They will have to get Openreach to fix it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

They found a fault (copper fault) then I told them it had been removed. I'm up to date on bills and I still have TV just no Internet.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

@Jackvolvo wrote:

They found a fault (copper fault) then I told them it had been removed. I'm up to date on bills and I still have TV just no Internet.

I am not surprised they detected a fault. Lets hope they get it fixed for you.

Perhaps they expect you to use wire-less 😉

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

HAHA !!

Tell me about it. Its a rather strange story. 

Thanks for the help though !!! 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Something doesn’t make sense , you say Openreach ( not BT ) we’re working on the pole that serves your property and a couple of hour later you lose service , and you have noticed the line to your property from the pole has been removed ?…you would lose service immediately the line was removed from your property , not hours later , plus , even if there was an account problem and Sky inadvertently ceased your service , OR do not come around and disconnect lines from property’s ( why would they , it would require them to come around and put a new dropwire up at some point ) stopping service is not achieved by physically removing anything but done in software .

As already stated , as this is a BT customers forum and you are a Sky customer, irrespective of what’s happened, it will take Sky to resolve it, even if that requires Openreach to do something.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@iniltous 

It may have been hours before it was noticed, as the TV would be delivered by satellite, so unless they needed to use the phone or Internet, they would not be aware.

0 Ratings