cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Poor reception

Getting a lot of reception issues with BT Sports channels. Basically signal break up on both picture and sound. Seems worse today - not sure if the bad weather can affect it but it has been a problem for some time. I have reported it before but no solutions offered. Anyone else having similar issues?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Poor reception

Hi @DK1083 and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having problems with the picture / sound quality. Is this happening on any other channels?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Only on BT Sports channels - HD & non HD.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Thanks for confirming that @DK1083 .

Have you tried an attenuator? You can pick them up fairly cheaply and they can resolve issues such as the one you're describing.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Firstly, I don’t know what that is. Secondly, if I need one surely BT should provide it. I only have this problem on their channels so it’s their problem.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

The BT Sport channels are not broadcast over the air on the DTT/Freeview platform. They are delivered over your internet connection. The most common cause of problems is at the user's end with the use of PLAs which can be checked by changing to using an ethernet cable instead.

(assuming you are using a BT Youview box - you don't say what device you are actually using)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Using BT YouView box. Connected to wi-fi as BT master socket and router are at the other end of the house so can’t connect directly. Seems to have settled a bit since posting. Instead of breaking up every few seconds it’s now not so frequent. That said it is a persistent problem and has been for sometime. BT sent some new filters some months ago but they made no difference.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Apologies for the late reply to your suggestion. I have come to the conclusion that the problems I have are down to the wi-fi / internet signal.

Unfortunately, I cannot connect directly to the router as it’s at the other end of the house. We use an extender to get the signal to the TV end of the property.

Regards;

David.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Can you temporarily move the box and TV near the router to test it? Just long enough to prove that the problem goes away. If the problem is with the PLAs then you have options to resolve it yourself. If the problem is with the broadband then we can investigate further.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

It would be a huge job to put them closer together. I can put up with it until my contract ends next September then I’ll go with another provider. We have previously been with Sky and TalkTalk and haven’t had these issues.

The problem seems to only occur on channels such as: BT Sport, Quest HD, BBC4 HD etc.

The main terrestrial HD channels; BBC1,2; ITV etc are not affected.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

0 Ratings