cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 60

Re: Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi SGAB208218 Early Adopter Release now

I guess you’ve tried these things but I’ll suggest them anyway. Try replacing the Ethernet cable running between your router and your premium whole home Wi-Fi. Also, it’s worth swapping out that main disc for one of your others to see if that helps. I had a disc that always refused to reconnect when the network needed restarting, I swapped the disc around with another disc and hey presto, never had that issue again.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 60

Dan is this showing no internet on your connected device or from the BT Disc UI? 

I've noticed, If using Ethernet backhaul make sure you are connecting to the downlink disc IP, I have 3 discs, 2 with ethernet BH, i connect via IP's to my discs not http://mybtdevice.home/ & for some reason it gives gui on both IP's (i think it should redirect to the downlink disc but mine doesn't) if connected to the uplink only this give incorrect information (maybe a cache issue my end i would need to check on clean browser), if i select the downlink ip it reads and shows all discs correctly working. 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 60

Thanks @foz and @hatton33. I’ve tried using a different Ethernet cable to connect my main disc to my router as well as swapping my main disc with another disc. Sadly, still seem to have the same issue as before.

I normally use the App in the first instance to check status, etc. Each disc continues displaying a blue light, which is also reflected on the App. However, I get a “There is a problem with your internet connection” error message (white text on red background, which is consistent with the “Troubleshoot” button that also appears towards the top of the screen).

I’ll attach a screenshot in my next post to illustrate this, which coincides with not being able to access anything on the internet while connected via PWHW.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 60

Please find screenshot attached.

IMG_6139.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 60

@Dan-E , this is a puzzling one. Have you tried connecting it to a different port in your router? Also, have you tried giving the discs a static IP to rule out some strange DHCP leasing issue? Any power saving settings enabled on your router that you could disable? What about port settings on the router - are they set to half duplex or full? What about the SSID’s you’re using - I assume you’ve given both networks different names? Are the devices connected completely wirelessly or are any wired? Does the connection issues you’re having occur just on your phone or does it happen to every device? Does it also still happen if you move to another room and therefore are connected to a different disc?

Sorry, lots of questions and I may not have the answers since you’ve got a different ISP and I don’t have these same issues but just trying to get me head around what’s causing the problem. At the moment, I’m leaning towards it being an issue with your router but unless your ISP are willing to send you a replacement to try, it’s tough to rule that out for sure.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 60

One final one @Dan-E - how close are your BT Hub and your main disc to each other? Just thinking if both are broadcasting Wi-Fi, then it could be causing interference - do you still get this error if you’re connected wirelessly to your main disc? Also, have you any other devices you could try to connect wired to your BT Hub just to see if that suffered problems too? 

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 60

When you get the red in the app, are the disc lights blue or red on the actual discs? 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 60

@foz : when I get the error message in the app, the disc lights are blue on the actual discs.

@hatton33 : will check the points you mentioned and update this thread accordingly.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 60

Interested to see what the gui shows from the unlink ip when app is red.
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 60

@foz : web gui from the uplink ip shows all 3 discs with blue lights even though primary disc was showing red light on actual disc.  App gui was also showing all 3 discs with blue lights, but with "There is a problem with your internet connection" red banner.

0 Ratings