cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Rare Positive Experience to Report and advice sought

Go to solution

Hope this isn't premature but I wanted to report a pretty good experience with BT on this occasion.......

My Landline and Broadband crashed out on Monday late morning - thought it was my ancient BT modem that had popped it's clogs, but it was an issue with corroded copper wire at the pole across the road from us.  The cabinet is a few hundred meters up the road from that. I panicked at first as I am an NHS doctor trying to do video clinics from home in this pandemic and I had full clinics booked all week.  Managed to get through to Dundee call centre eventually, navigation wasn't simple initially as I had last had a fault about 2 or 3 years ago and all systems had changed!

I was sent a Halo Hub (which has worked well) -it  arrived the next day.

The repair was prioritised  and I was promised a visit for yesterday - had texts and emails to say engineer on his way, giving his name and mobile number - he arrived on time, repaired the landline but couldn't get the old Home Hub 6 I had connected to remain connected - it kept restarting and dropping out - but he said as he was landline only I needed to rebook a BB engineer.  Managed to get through to Dundee again and explained - was promised a BB engineer today. 

The Halo hub was working well, so wasn't too concerned, but also checked with a borrowed modem and router out of interest which worked perfectly - so it was the HH at fault.  I have had at least 4 hubs crash and die over the years.........

Engineer phoned and I explained - he said he was in the area and would check the cabinet anyway, ran some tests and arranged a new hub to be sent to me tomorrow.  Got a text and email confirming a Smart Hub 2 was en route.  Are these decent bits of kit?   Or should I just pack it away and use a modem and router setup as I have for ages?  

Loved the Halo mini hub, it worked a treat.  Nice to know we needn't be without BB again when there is a fault.

I was impressed with the speed and efficiency of the service this time. Hope it stays like this post-pandemic! 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Rare Positive Experience to Report and advice sought

Go to solution

Hi @CondorX51,

Thank you for posting. Its good to see a positive experience and thank you for taking the time to post.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings