cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Sport App

Go to solution
Urrgh. Another update: for contractual reasons, we've been forced to REMOVE the workaround.
An app update will be required to fix this - it'll be in beta later today, and released for everyone later this week.
Older or lower powered Amazon tablets may experience a degradation in video quality or performance following the update. This is unfortunately unavoidable.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

What a waste of time. Unless this is resolved soon I intend to cancel my BT sport subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Did you read my post directly @Keithr5 ? The fix is there now if you want to join the beta.

Note: threatening to cancel won't change the fact that Amazon tablets aren't "supported". There are contractual reasons why we don't offer BT Sport for tablets in the Amazon app store. We'll fix obvious bugs in the app, but if turns out your tablet is too low powered to provide a decent viewing experience then there's nothing we can do about it.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Why was live content BT Sport working perfectly on my Amazon tablet until recently. Obviously cancelling contract will not change things but it will give me some satisfaction not paying £17 per month for an app which I cannot get full access

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

As part of the 2021/22 football season contract, we were required to move to secure video streams to reduce video piracy. All clients moved across last year, including the Android app.

We turned off the insecure video streams last week, and it turns out Amazon devices were still using them due to a bug in the app.

There are a few older and/or lower powered Android devices that stopped supporting BT Sport as a result of the move last year. This is unavoidable. I believe the same will be true of the lower powered Amazon tablets - they might still work, but video may become jumpy, or drop to a lower quality. Newer tablets will cope fine.

As things stand, we're in a grey area - Amazon tablets aren't supported, but the app works if users choose to manually install the Google Play Store on them. We may be contractually required to block this from working in future, but for now we're leaving it open.

Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for your active support.  I can confirm app it now working on an Amazon fire FHD 10.1

0 Ratings