cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Static Routes on BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

@dial1899 wrote:

- if you need the 4G hybrid connection box as we do, turn off WiFi, put the hub in bridge mode and put a router behind the BT hub.  That way the routing is done by the 'router' and the 'hub' is the 'modem'.

- p

Again, only possible with the business hub, the residential hub doesn't have a bridge mode.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks for that information.  Its really helpful when router manufacturers or resellers have a mock up of the UI derived from the firmware on their website.

I've never had a dud product when I used that facility as you can see fairly reliably what a router does before it gets ordered.

The way this was done, after months and months of interrupted broadband a BT rep on the phone says 'have we got a box for you'.  Then the charity gets sent a bunch of hardware for next to no cash (I think it was £9.99 delivery or something), and as its locked to BT broadband so it cant be resold it will now either end up going to landfill (solution 1) or both devices will be switched on 24x7 along with a 3rd party router (solution 2) contributing needlessly to global warming. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @dial1899   I don't know about the business hub (this is the residential community), but the recent SH2s are owned by BT and should not be sold. It should be returned to BT when the service stops for reuse or recycling. The £9.99 includes the free return of loaned equipment. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Interesting.  The one in the BT (residential) Shop (link above) is in stock and is £200.  Great business model if after buing something in a shop for £200 I don't actually own it :-).  Seems like there are probably multiple ways of buying any of the multliple versions of a BT Smart Hub 2.

(This one was provided for less money though, and not bought in the shop.  It is serialised and logs indicate it is paired with your account in the BT management platform in some way.)

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

@dial1899wrote:

Interesting.  The one in the BT (residential) Shop (link above) is in stock and is £200.  Great business model if after buing something in a shop for £200 I don't actually own it :-).

Hi @dial1899  Obviously if you decide to buy one, and some people prefer to for their own reasons then the SH2 belongs to them and they are the owner. However most people prefer to loan one for free (plus logistics cost £9.99) and return it for reuse and recycling.

0 Ratings