cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 25

Re: Switched to Digital Voice from copper line and lost landline number please help

@Keith_Beddoe I appreciate your help with this. Tbh I've lost the will to engage with BT telephone support. I think I'm going to have toi just lump it despite how infuriating the whole experience has been. I've submitted a complaint but I doubt I'll ever hear anything.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 25

Re: Switched to Digital Voice from copper line and lost landline number please help

@RIC9380 I think it might be the end of the road for me. Despite it being BT's fault as I was given the wrong info, they are telling me they cannot give me the old number back. I have submitted a complaint, something might come of that.  

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 25

I hope so. Like you I was given the wrong information and told the same but I pushed and pushed and got my old BT number back. It took a few weeks but it eventually happened. Good luck.
Message 24 of 25

In theory, once all phone lines are VOIP, then changing phone number should be very easy, just as it is on the existing analogue exchange concentrators, as that is done using instructions sent from the OMC (Operations Management Centre), and has been since the 1980s.

Message 25 of 25

Hi @KimWillis and welcome.

I'm sorry you've had so many problems with your number. I'd like to take a closer look at this for you. If that suits please drop me a reply to the private message I've just sent.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings