cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Unable to get on the link for the BT anti virus

Hi, As the subject line, i have just had to purchase a replacement laptop computer but i am unable to access the link from the my BT page? i have followed the instructions by logging in and clicking on the my BT link, but on that page i am just getting your products, i have tried some of the other links with no success.

I have gone through the following with no luck, i just end up on the same MY BT product page 😞 NO USE YOUR EXTRAS .

1. Visit My BT and log in to find out which version you get. Scroll down to 'Use your extras, at no extra cost' and click Manage your extras, look for the BT Virus Protect panel and click Get Started
  2. Follow instructions to activate BT Virus Protect and begin the download
  3. Download and install it, looking for the McAfee icon in your system tray, which means you're protected

Thanks, Steve

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to get on the link for the BT anti virus

Just to add, when i first click the link it starts off as retreiving dashboard...... then just goes over to the product page ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Why bother, there are plenty of better free AV products available.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 8

Those instructions are out of date.

Login to MyBT

Scroll down to "Get More From My BT"

Click the Manage button on the Your Security tile

Click the Manage Button on the  BT Virus Protect Tile.

BT Virus Protect.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Loosing the plot with this 😞 I don't seem to be getting that page?

I'm getting, your products, Broadband, Landline, TV etc with no get more from BT, I must have tried every link 😞 HELP 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Steve2331 welcome to the forum and sorry you are having difficulty setting up the anti virus. As you are not seeing the correct page please can you check that you are using the correct BTID and that Account Holder status has been claimed and let me know.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Steve2331  See message 3

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks, Its looking like I haven't a account holder status? I have completed the form and will have to wait for a letter to arrive with my BT account no:-( strange as we have always been with BT for 30 years or so and previously downloaded the antivirus from BT 😞

0 Ratings