cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Unresolved Fault

On a Broadband Unlimited package which has never really worked properly as in constant loss of wifi. Have to reconnect up to 20 times in a day. Finally got fed up of it so contacted BT a couple of years ago who sent an engineer. He tested line(as I had done) and said nothing wrong with it except that we may need a new hub (Hub2) to cope with the demands of modern wifi needs. Replaced phone socket.

With the kids needing reliable wifi for school/university work, I looked to upgrade. My 'personalised' offer included Fibre 1 at no extra cost. That'll do. I'll just make sure that the issue I have with broadband is to do with speed. Tried to run a speed test. Didn't work. So I tried the connection test. Didn't work. In fact, it kept resetting the hub whenever the test was attempted. It seemed then that a fault was raised due to not being able to carry out the test. I did not actually raise the fault. That was on 25/1. 

I heard nothing back with the 48 hour time slot so attempted to speak to someone. Gave up so tried chat. Looked like someone in chat tried to do the test from their end as the hub reset during the chat leaving me unable to chat to anyone. In the meantime, the 'offer' had gone up by £4. I'll happily pay it if I can get issues resolved.

So now I'm at a point where after 8 days, the fault is still unresolved.

Reported Fault
Problem

Broadband - Slow Connection

Reference number

VOL053-1XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Other products affected

You may also experience problems with other services such as your Landline whilst we fix your fault.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Unresolved Fault

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser)  if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

is your internet connection actually dropping as your post suggest it is just the wifi that is dropping

upgrading will not resolve your fault

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

PaulieDDT_0-1612278826118.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

the checker shows you are still on adsl2 and speed appear low compared to estimated range

you could upgrade to fibre and even Fibre 2 which should give connection speed about 80/20mb which would be a huge increase from your current speed

can you post hub stats

what about quiet line test?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Did the quiet line test last week - no issues.

Advanced settings is blank so unable to post any stats.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

do you have hh4 as on adsl?

so are you dropping internet connection or is it just the wifi connections that are dropping and ethernet connections are ok

you can consider upgrading to fibre with big jump in connection speed and you also get a new SH2

if you decide to upgrade then phone options team on 0800800030 and see what deals they will offer you

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

It is home hub 3 not 2 as previously stated.

Wifi is lost sporadically. I thought it might be bandwidth problems but can occur when just one device connected.

Run the troubleshoot from the laptop which will generally reset network adaptor & that sometimes resolve. However, there will be times when when broadband light is either not lit or red/amber. Other times I get 3 blue lights but no wifi.

I appreciate I can get greater speed but I think the issue I have is not speed(even though I can't run a speed check) but a connection error so I would get same problem regardless.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

@PaulieDDT wrote:

It is home hub 3 not 2 as previously stated.

I do not think the wifi is that good on the HH3.

As @imjolly has said, upgrade to VDSL, and BT will send you a new and better home hub.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

From your post it sounds like your main problem is wifi keep dropping and as @Keith_Beddoe @posted the hh3 is very old now. Upgrading will give the new SH2 and more stable connection with fibre and the only copper is from your cabinet to your home

try the options team and see what they offer you

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Thanks both. 

I tried the loyalty team as suggested but the wait for the call to be answered was too long for me so tried live chat again. After a couple of attempts to chat during which I lost wifi connection and therefore any resolution, I decided to go down the complaints route instead. 

0 Ratings