cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Wrong 'TV Region' displayed on recording info screen

So on my iPad BTTV app I have the 'TV Region' set to 'Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire' and the box is paired.

On the iPad I set the 'ITV Luchtime News' to record on channel 003 and it recorded on the BT Box Pro.

But when you go to watch the recording it says the region is from 'ITV BERKS + NORTH'.

I'm in 'Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire' - 'Berkshire & North Hampshire' is a different region in the BT list.

I'm done some other stuff to see if it is consistant and it is. 003 always displays as 'ITV BERKS + NORTH' while 103 displays as 'ITV HD'.

Not a major issue - but wrong.

IMG_0565.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wrong 'TV Region' displayed on recording info screen

@ozsat 

Not a new problem I'm afraid.

My region is London and occasionally the main BBC news is either South East or East and can then apply that selection to the local BBC news. This is because those regions are also picked up where I am and for some unknown reason Youview chooses to record those by mistake. It's a Youview issue as my non-Youview recorders get it right everytime.

A solution seems to be to retune with an attenuator in the feed having reduce the signal strength to such a point that only London is seen. Generally I can't be bothered though.

I wouldn't see it as a Pro box necessarily but perhaps now appearing as the tuners on this new (non-Humax) box are likely to be better than on previous versions.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

It is recording the correct region - but is giving the wrong region name.

The displayed region is generated by BT - and matches the region display in their settings menu.

My Freeview box doesn't mention a region.

I actually think the two regions carry the same local news output.

ozsat_0-1625853389133.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

The displayed information that you are seeing  on the BT TV boxes will  I believe be determined by the data that Youview hold for the programe that aired (and was recorded) , It is typically a text string format that describes the channel name , date   start and end time. If you do i(nfo) on past and future programmes in the (forwards and backward) EPG on the box you will I suspect  see the same channel name which is not the one you expect to see.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

What makes it worse that although we are in 'Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire' and the box says 'Berkshire & North Hampshire' - here on 003 the news is still actually for 'Kent'.

I don't remember seeing this issue on my old box which I no longer have. Perhaps it is a recent change in the data?

0 Ratings