cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

wanting to move from Plusnet VDSL to BT FTTP - can anyone advise?

Go to solution

Hi all

I'm currently with Plusnet (3rd term) I'm on 80/20 and it's been ok for the most part, but dropped by 12Mb overnight 3 years ago and stayed that way, 3 engineers found no issues, anyway contract with Plusnet runs out 3rd December where it goes up to almost £50 a month

I fancy going for BT's FTTP without phoneline (dunno which yet 300/600 or 900)

but wanted advice about swapping, how do I do it without the downtime and what should I be aware of>? remember the days of MAC codes - is that still a thing?

I would have thought that with Plusnet being on copper and FTTP on  FIbre I could order at any time as both are different systems, but I would rather get as close as possible to paying the end of Plusnet and start BT and paying for that

also, are there usage limits? or P2P blocks? or VPN blocks?

any advice is greatly appreciated

thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: wanting to move from Plusnet VDSL to BT FTTP - can anyone advise?

Go to solution

enter phone number and post results  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

there are no blocks 

Plusnet are rumoured to be starting to sell FTTP in the Autumn 2021 ie now or soon

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@snadge 

How do you know it available at your address, as its Openreach not BT that provide the network, and its available to all providers, if they choose to sell it?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@snadge wrote:

I fancy going for BT's FTTP without phoneline (dunno which yet 300/600 or 900)

but wanted advice about swapping, how do I do it without the downtime and what should I be aware of>? remember the days of MAC codes - is that still a thing?

You just order from the gaining supplier (BT in this case) and they do the rest.

I would have thought that with Plusnet being on copper and FTTP on  FIbre I could order at any time as both are different systems, but I would rather get as close as possible to paying the end of Plusnet and start BT and paying for that

Irrelevant whether changing from copper to fibre or copper to copper. Place your order for when you want the transfer to occur

also, are there usage limits? or P2P blocks? or VPN blocks?

No

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

thanks, guys

I have it available, it says on the BT website says i can get it up to 900Mbps when i put in my postcode and address, as does BT wholesale checker and all my poles in my town and street have FTTP Nodes on them..so yeah its available

when do you think would be best time to order, im sure you pay after the first month, rather than upfront.

how long after an order does it take to get it done so i can guestimate my ordering time

thanks everyone for super speedy responses too, looking forward to my first BT run as ISP

I've had Sky, o2/*BE, Plusnet, Talk Talk, AOL - and all we're great apart from AOL was **bleep** & Talk Talk was spot on if you kept to the forums for help.

heres my Wholesale Checker result anyway

HeGpaYtUXi.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Talk to the FTTP team 0800 587 4787, they should be able to advise timescales.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
will do - saved it on my phone, I will talk to Plusnet first then do my working out so I have no downtime and not paying for 2 months over 1 month - if it's unavoidable then so be it.
last night I saw the 300 and 600 have been replaced with 150 and 500 for the same prices they were lol -well this was last night,.

... and is it true, that no matter WHICH deal you get (even 36) you would get FTTP installed for it, cos this is what a BTor engineer told me who was working on a fibre pole, says they are trying to install FTTP for everything now so everyone is fibre ready regardless of speed package-to entice people to that 500 and 900
0 Ratings