cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 49

Re: watching BT Sport on a laptop

I have tried 4 different browsers, 2 laptops and a desktop and it's useless on the lot. The thing is I can't seem to get any help from BT to correct the problem wherever that problem lies. As I have said, it's not a problem with any other media/service, such as Sky, BBC etc.,

One thing to consider is what is it about your set up that remains the same whatever device and browser you use.  Are you using a standard BT Home Hub for example?  Are you using wi-fi extenders or connecting directly to the router?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 49

BT Home Hub 6,  WiFi, connection in the house.

As I have mentioned earlier the laptops and desktop all work fine for all other channels and services,  except for BT.  This is the only constant that I can confirm.  I have basically done all that BT have said to do and it doesn't work and there are others who have the same problem.  

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 49

I can view BT Sport on Edge and the Windows 10 app without issue via the Home Hub 6 and wi-fi. Curious why some can't access the service.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 49

@Hunter2660wrote:

I can view BT Sport on Edge and the Windows 10 app without issue via the Home Hub 6 and wi-fi. Curious why some can't access the service.

Yes, I reported that earlier but the chappie wants to log into Sport directly from his Browser rather than use the app which continues to work superbly across Windows, iOS devices and our two Smart TVs, one Sony and the other Samsung.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 49

I haven't used the BT TV app for desktop, because apparently I got to have a set box or additional subscription to what I already have?  I pay £55 monthly to BT as things stand so don't particularly want to pay extra just to watch a footie match.   I have been connecting direct off my browser as I was advised to do.   But it's a terrible service. I have practically given up on it now and feel it best to cancel the whole BT package as my contract has ended.  

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 49

@redders77wrote:

I haven't used the BT TV app for desktop, because apparently I got to have a set box or additional subscription to what I already have?  I pay £55 monthly to BT as things stand so don't particularly want to pay extra just to watch a footie match.   I have been connecting direct off my browser as I was advised to do.   But it's a terrible service. I have practically given up on it now and feel it best to cancel the whole BT package as my contract has ended.  

Actually there is a dedicated BT Sport app in the Windows 10 store. It's limited, and due to be discontinued soon, but the quality is pretty good.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 49

That's what I use and it is fine.

@Hunter2660wrote:

Actually there is a dedicated BT Sport app in the Windows 10 store. It's limited, and due to be discontinued soon, but the quality is pretty good.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 49

Hi,   just want to update on this problem.  I have today downloaded the BT Sport app in the Windows 10 store, and it is now working perfect.  It's a free download.  No buffering, jumping or freezing.  Apparently this app is due to end, and I don't know what will happen then, but for now it's fixed my problem.  I hope this helps you sort your problem out. 

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 49

Also success

As you say dont know what will happen when this is stopped.

Still strange app works ok but website doesn't when BT recommend using website

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 49

Glad to hear it's working OK for you too. My thoughts entirely that it's strange how come BT recommended using the website, but it doesn't work, but the app does.  Strange.  The difference between the two is like night and day.   App works superb, sharp picture and clear sound. 

Does anybody know when this app is due to finish?  Will there be an alternative then?  

0 Ratings