cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Adding a new disc to whole home wifi with different network ID

Current setup is 2 whole home wifi discs working perfectly. 

I purchased an extra disc  of the same type to extend coverage. 

I have tried connecting via ethernet direct from router. I get a blue light on the mini disc and the whole home wifi app detects it correctly. When i disconnect the router and move it close its not detected by the app. 

I have also tried connecting via ethernet to one of the whole home wifi disc and again connected ok. Once disconnected i get a red light. 

Is there something missing to connect the new additional disc? It has a different whole home network ID. (BTWholeHome-R2C vs BTWholeHome-RWS) 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Adding a new disc to whole home wifi with different network ID

If you're trying to mix the different versions of Whole Home discs then it won't work, confusing? see BT Whole Home Wi-Fi FAQs - Set-up and installation | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi they are the same version. just a different network id as purchased separately. 

Photo - Google Photos (1) (1) (1).png

Message 4 of 9

Connect the add-on disc to your hub (router) with the Ethernet cable provided
Switch the new disc on and wait for the LED on the disc to turn solid blue
With a pin or paper clip, press the factory reset button on the rear of the disc for about one second
Wait for the LED to turn purple, flashing blue, then solid blue for at least 15 seconds
Once completed, turn off this disc and follow the app set-up instructions
Message 5 of 9

Hi, I have a similar issue to the above.
I’ve purchased an extra disc, same type but different wireless network ID. I’ve connected it via Ethernet cable to the router and pressed the reset button for 1 second. I get a constant purple light but no blue regardless of how long I leave it.
Please can you help?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for sharing the link, unfortunately the new disc still won’t connect. I can’t get a solid blue light on it when connecting to the router via Ethernet or flashing green light when trying WPS.

I get an error code of Setup-042 when trying to add to be new disc

Michael

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@woodsmykal 

You would be best to contact the WHW product helpdesk as they are best placed to help you.

You can call them on 0808 100 6116 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm) or drop them an email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Message 9 of 9

Many thanks for this, it worked as described and I have managed to add another two discs!
0 Ratings