cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Converse 2300 - Ringing Issues

Hey all

Okay really scratching my head over this one, so its more of a question about a phone at my place of work. So the phone itself, if the mains power is switched off, it rings fine (obviously no address book, screen etc.) but when the mains are switched on, the phone doesn't make a ringing sound, you can see the light blink and flash but doesn't make a sound, ive got the volume ringer set to max, and tried messing with other settings both in the phone and under it, but I don't know whats going on or why, or if I missed something

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Converse 2300 - Ringing Issues

I would imagine there's maybe two speakers & the one controlled by the electronics is either faulty or needs a reset. If you've definitely set the ringer to level 3 in the menu as per P.19 of the manual, try a reset as per P.21.

Bear in mind it will wipe any stored numbers.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hey

Tried the reset aswell, still no luck, the light flashes to say there is a call but still no sound unless the power is turned off, which means no address book, handsfree etc.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@Katsuhito 

Is it possible that you have turned the ringer off, within the phone settings, and this only applies when the phone has power?

The default state with no power, may enable the ringer, so the phone can still be heard when there is a power cut, as that would seem to be a sensible default.

Also, assuming the ring is electronically generated, then that part of it may have failed. Turning the power off may cause it to revert to a ring which is derived from the incoming line. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Ringer Volume is set at full as shown in the photo

thumbnail.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Katsuhito and thanks for posting.

It sounds like you've tried everything at your side so it might be worth contacting the product support team for the Converse. You'll get contact details at BT Converse 2300 | BT Help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Ringer Volume is set at full as shown in the photo

Then I would say that the internal electronic ringer (powered), is faulty, and turning the power off, reverts to the default line powered ringer.

0 Ratings