cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Essential handset

Go to solution

I have a BT1100 base unit and additional handset, I recently added a BT Essential handset to the base unit successfully but I cannot access all the menus on the Essential handset.

There is no phonebook menu and the redial, calls and phonebook does not work

I cannot add any numbers to the phonebook

any advice would be helpful 

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Essential handset

Go to solution

I believe you have to link the essentials phone to the smarthub2, using WPS, rather than an existing DECT phone as BT's implementation of DECT is not standard.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Being pedantic, using the WPS button (which is dual purpose) rather than WPS per se.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Do you have digital voice?  You can check by going to hub manager and see if you phone number is shown and if it is then select the number and turn the DV essential handset on and in hub manage you should be able to pair it with the SH2 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

It is not an Essential Digital handset but an Essential phone trio handset.

I do not have a BT hub or BT Digital voice service

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Are you a BT broadband/phone customer?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

No, I’m a Plusnet customer

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @marklleach 

The handsets and bases are GAP compatible which means they can be paired to make and receive calls but the additional features may not work.  This bt.com help page explains it in more detail.

Thanks
Neil 

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply

0 Ratings