cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Signal Assist Box

EE have announced that their FEMTO cell boxes are being withdrawn later this year. Is it confirmed that the same will happen to BT Signal Assist Boxes? My mobile cannot do WiFi calling so the box is still quiet important to me since signals aren't very strong in our house.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Signal Assist Box

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Yes I have had an email ( I presume a genuine one) from BT saying that the Signal Assist will cease working in July 2022. We have 2 Signal assist boxes which we financed ourselves. We have Galaxy S8 phones which support wifi calling but due to firmware wierdness apparently don't work on BT. We have no signal in the house and had cancelled our BT Landline call package so from July, no calls in the house.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Here's the link to the BT page saying that the Signal Assist service  will close on or shortly after 30th June 2022 @ChrisB :

https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/3g-signal-assist-service-closing 

There's no date on that web page so I've no idea when it was published, nor have I had any communication about the service closing. When they do shut it down I imagine there will be some disgruntled users simply because they haven't been told about it, I think BT have some long standing issues with their email databases whereby some customers have fallen off and don't receive communications.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@liebls 

If you're feeling brave you could try flashing the phones to generic firmware. That's what I had to do with my S5 way back. But given the S8 is no longer supported with security updates, maybe time to upgrade.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Mine only went offline last week. I've been rebooting everything trying to get it back online as I received no notification from BT to say this service would be decommissioned. 

Before reading this article I contacted BT via live chat. The person I'm chatting to appears to not fully understand what I'm saying and tried to sell me the Signal Assist. So they're still trying to sell something which has already been taken out of service and no longer supported?! Come on BT.....

"

Coming to your query now, the Signal Assist costs a modest £19.99,
Anasua
 - 16:27

I already have the Signal Assist, but it's no longer working. The light is flashing red. Please can you check it is still registered with BT?

You
 - 16:29
As you have the mobile , you will be able to use this and to place the order for the same we have our dedicated team to assist you.

I will suggest you to check with www.bt.com/shop to get this signal assistant and if you have any other queries to it you can contact our team at 0800 783 1401 or 0800 218 2182 and they're available from 9am to 5:30pm Mon-Fri 9am to 2pm Sat."
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

0 Ratings