cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 93

BT Smart Hub 3 and Complete Wifi 2 Release and Availability

Hi all,

Can't believe I've only came across this article now as I've been monitoring BTs position on a Wifi 6 enabled router since they released their Whole Home Wifi 6 discs and wondering when they would follow suit with the rest of their hardware.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/01/bt-uk-set-to-launch-smart-hub-3-broadband-router-in-ju...

Is there any truth in this and will existing customers be given the option to swap out the router/discs to get the most out of the Fibre 900 connection.

Cheers.

92 REPLIES 92
Message 2 of 93

Re: BT Smart Hub 3 and Complete Wifi 2 Release and Availability

Not necessarily an indication, but I haven't seen any trial opportunities for a new system which normally precedes the launch of a major update.

Message 3 of 93

like @VeteranISPUser  I have not seen any new trial opportunities for new SH3.  probably like most BT new things - delayed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 93

The article you link to has been updated:

UPDATE 28th June 2022

Some early testing has begun on the final Smart Hub 3, but component constraints are known to be causing issues and delays with actually supplying enough of the devices for consumers. We saw similar problems with BT’s most recent TV box, which also caused significant delays. The current expectation for a launch is now Q1 2023, and it’s too early to bank on that.

Message 5 of 93

Noooooooo, this is disastrous news, I've been holding out for the SH3 release ASAP due to.......
I've had full fiber installed and receiving a nice 925mbps into SH2. However none of my devices are near the router so having to use WIFI in my house through the BT provided black discs. I'm lucky to receive over 150mbps to these devices on a good day.
Had numerous calls to BT support and complaints, 2 engineers visit and said nothing can be done apart from a WIFI6 router or to hardwire around my house to the SH2 (which isn't going to happen) and having the digital voice im stuck using the SH2.
😞
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 93

I had a twitter exchange with BT yesterday and the lady said BT had no plans at present to introduce wifi 6 technology. (Sounded like she had never heard of it)

Anyways, looks like BT is a lost cause so I have ordered an ASUS DSL AX82U AX5400 modem/router to replace the SH2.

Any thoughts/comments?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 93

I looked at the Asus Tuff wifi6 router range and nearly bought, however only BT SH2 will use the Digital Voice, so I'm stuck using BT hub until they replace.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 93

I understand you may be able to use the SH2 with the Asus router by disabling the wifi in the SH2. Not sure if any other settings need to be changed to do this.

Perhaps someone can help?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 93

same here - and so disappointing to hear that they are months or years away from addressing the SH2 problem. Have you had a price reduction to compensate? I am being told that the speed to the house is 900mb so no change to tariff....

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 93

I also had the same reply, excellent speed into hub 925 so nothing wrong.
0 Ratings